Identifying Senior Members of Staff

Adrian Simpkins

Hi,

We currently have a trigger setup on our SupportWorks so that when we have a call raised on SupporWorks a messsage pops up advising 'This is a Senior Member of Staff' or similar. I was wondering if there is any similar function with Service Manager at all please? I believe we have set this against a User on Supportworks and it is called with the code !PI: This is a Senior Member of Staff!

So i wanted to see if there is anything we can set against the user profiles we have loaded, so that a similar message pops up for the Staff working the queue, so that they are fully aware when dealing with a call from a senior member of staff please?

Thanks

Hi @Adrian Simpkins you have a similar concept in Service Manager

1. You can hold this type of info against a user's profile - for example VIP

2. In Progressive Capture you can choose which fields of the users profile are displayed on the user form when raising a request for the user - you can configure this in the progressive capture desginer

image.png

Progressive Designer config options

image.png

3. On a request record in the customer section you can again decide which of the users fields will be displayed - this is configured in the admin console as follows:

Home > Service Manager > Configuration > Requests 

image.png

This will then show those chosen fields on the request as follows:

image.png

Not a pop up like in Supportworks but you can choose and control what information is displayed for your users. 

Hope that helps

Steve

We use the Service Portal to allow customers to log their requests, but means we can't easily identify the VIP in the request list.

Could we have something like the priority colours to allow for better visibility (eg. change in colour of the customer)

Nasim

• Like 1

Hi @nasimg fair point. 

in this scenario one option you could consider for visibility on the request list is as follows.

1. Once the request is raised from the portal, in the supporting business process use a Get Request Information > Customer Details node and then follow this with an Update Request > Custom Fields node - you can then choose to map any of the extended fields from the customer record i.e VIP flag into a custom field on the request list. 

2. On the request list create custom views and use the option to add Custom Columns to display on the view, and add the custom field which is holding the mapped information into the request custom field.

Adding Custom Fields to request list custom views

image.png

Example Custom Customer Status field on request list:

image.png

Not colours as such but the ability to display data. With the priority colours, SLT's colours and the ability to set the Unread background colour we need to be careful with putting to much colour on the list and for it to lose it's impact.

Thanks @Steven Boardman views are good for certain functions, but our management team want VIPs to be available from the default request lists.

So providing a way to highlight this is a major requirement for us - which your customers could choose to use or not.

Nasim

@nasimg sure, i would say with the custom views these are maturing to offer the similar capability of default views, and they afford the options to set the displayed columns (including custom field data), the order the columns appear in, and you have the ability to share these with all users.  Users can mark these as their home view, so they load every time they return to the request list view. 

If you are looking to exploit the request list default views and in the absence of the a specific customer status field, i can suggest a couple of workarounds (but i do fully accept these are workarounds)

1. Re-purpose one of the existing default columns.  You could look to use say external ref and rename it via the translation strings and then use the business process node to update the field with the VIP status held in one of your customers custom fields

2. Utilise a priority / impact to reflect the VIP's i.e a VIP status, service level, service level agreement name which is also shown on the request list. 

I will see if we can add a default column to reflect something about the customer, which is multi-purpose for different customer needs.  

I wanted to provide some workaround options given your reference to a major requirement for you. 

Steve

• 2 weeks later...