Can the current Hornbill Request Import V1.2.0 be updated to include the following additional capabilities.

• Support the import and matching of Sub Status, only current supports parent status.
  • Support the import and matching of Service Level Agreement and Service Level's.
  • Extend current supported request types, Incident & Service Request, to include all other types, i.e. Change, Problem, Known Error and Release.

Also as per the SQL Contact Import also support MySQL v8 connection with the new authentication method.

Cheers

Martyn

@Steve G

Would it also be possible to :-

• Add the additional custom fields which now go upto h_custom_t and h_custom_30.
  • Simplify the historic updates import section, to provide separate fields to indicate source, visibility, user etc, rather than using the supportworks native bitwise format.
  • Ability to optionally set a default owner and organisation when no match is found for both contacts and coworkers.
  • Ability to set default catalog item.

Also I have noticed that when testing using the SQL format using the IN statement for the numerical call ref it only retrieves one record when running same exact query in the native DB all the specified rows are returned. i.e. "SELECT * FROM oocalls where callref in (52526,23752)" will only retrieve the first call ref, swapping the number order around it will still only retrieve the first one specified. This is using the mysql driver and at the moment to a MySQL 5.7 source.

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Martyn Houghton,

I've just released v1.3.0 of the Hornbill Request Import tool, with the following features:

• Added support to import Releases
  • Added MySQL 8.x support
  • Can now map and resolve Catalog Items for Services, and to use the Catalog Item BPM workflow should one exist
  • Can now set default Catalog Item if default Service is applied
  • Can now set default owner alongside default team
  • Added version flag for cross-compiling script support

It's documented on its wiki page, and you can get the OS and architecture specific zips from Github.

Notes regarding a couple of the points you requested:

• Add the additional custom fields which now go up to h_custom_t and h_custom_30.
    • This is already supported, you just need to add the additional fields to the CoreFieldMapping and AdditionalFieldMapping columns
  • Extend current supported request types, Incident & Service Request, to include all other types, i.e. Change, Problem, Known Error and Release.
    • Aside from Release, this was already supported. You just need to copy & paste one of the other objects from within the RequestTypesToImport array and configure accordingly
  • Support the import and matching of Sub Status, only current supports parent status.
    • There's a lot of logic in Service Manager that handles stuff happening on the back of sub status changes, so this should be built into your workflows instead
  • Support the import and matching of Service Level Agreement and Service Level's.
    • Same as the Sub Status comment, above.
  • Simplify the historic updates import section, to provide separate fields to indicate source, visibility, user etc, rather than using the Supportworks native bitwise format.
    • This is legacy stuff to support Supportworks imports, and providing of the correct bitwise flag can be done in the SQL, so I'll add an example to the documentation rather than hard-code it in the tool

Cheers,

Steve

• 3 years later...
On 3/4/2019 at 2:25 PM, Martyn Houghton said:

Extend current supported request types, Incident & Service Request, to include all other types, i.e. Change, Problem, Known Error and Release.

@Steve G @Victor

Did the ability to import additional Request Types ever get anywhere?

I now have project where I need to migrate historic Known Issues.

Cheers

Martyn