iBridge. Passing an array as custom parameter to Jira

Hi

I'm setting up Jira integration and am failing with the error: iBridge Method: /Atlassian/Jira Cloud/Create Issue.m Error: Jira Error: Type of request: data was not an array.

The field wants the value "Customer Support" from Hornbill but accepts multiple entries, thus the array.

I've tested Customer Support, "Customer Support", 'Customer Support' and all 3 in square brackets ["Customer Support"] etc. as well as the numeric value of "Customer Support" in the various forms

Can anyone shed some light into this please?

• Thanks 1

Hi @HHH,

The custom field input within the Jira integrations only support fields of type string and number currently, array-type custom fields are not supported. I'll raise this and see if there's anything we can do to provide support for array-type custom fields.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi @HHH,

The Jira and Jira Cloud integrations for Create Issue and Update Issue now support custom fields of type array. On the integration methods, there is a new Request Parameter called Custom Fields (Arrays) , which when configured will add the relevant custom field data to the API call to Jira. For example, this will set the First Option and Third Option values against the multi-select item with the key of 10028 against any new issues created:

image.png

As you can see in the issue generated:

image.png
And the custom field defined as:

image.png

The data types available to array-type custom fields are MultiGroupPicker, MultiSelect, MultiUserPicker and VersionPicker, as defined by Jira and should match the type of your custom field. See the Jira documentation for more information:  https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/

Let me know how you get on with these enhancements.

Thanks,

Steve

• Thanks 1