Customer Feedback on resolution status (rather than closure)

dwalby

Hi all,

Is it possible to capture Customer Feedback when a request is Resolved instead of Closed?

Currently we have a 7-day auto-closure process whereby a request auto-closes after being in Resolved status for 7 days. So a customer will be unable to submit feedback until 7 days after their request is resolved. The problem I foresee with this is that if we then send a request for the customer to complete a feedback form, their experience of the service isn't going to be fresh in their memory and won't complete the feedback.

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Steven Boardman - sorry to tag but hoping this is something you can advise on?

I'm keen to begin capturing customer feedback but want to ensure it's requested in a timely manner.

I did wonder if as a workaround it'd be possible within a BPM to?

• Set Status to Resolve
  • Set Status to Close (Send customer feedback request)
  • Set Status to Resolve again with, suspend on status change/7-day auto closure

• 1 month later...

Finally got round to testing this, but unfortunately does not work as a workaround - the request just shows the red (re-open) and green (close) buttons on the service portal.

Is there any other way around this?

It's a difficult balance to achieve. We need to allow a customer sufficient time to re-open a resolved request (we have it set to 7 days before auto-closure) but also want to obtain feedback almost immediately after resolving whilst their experience is still in recent memory and to ensure we get maximum feedback responses. Waiting 7 days for the request to auto-close will likely result in minimal responses.

On 4/25/2019 at 11:59 AM, dwalby said:

@Steven Boardman - sorry to tag but hoping this is something you can advise on?

I'm keen to begin capturing customer feedback but want to ensure it's requested in a timely manner.

I did wonder if as a workaround it'd be possible within a BPM to?

• Set Status to Resolve
  • Set Status to Close (Send customer feedback request)
  • Set Status to Resolve again with, suspend on status change/7-day auto closure