Bookmark: You do not have rights to view this post

samwoo

Hello,

I have created a bookmark to a timeline post of a request that I have been working on. The information I posted could be useful... however when I open that bookmark, it states that I do not have the rights to view this post.

1444837133_bookmarkerror.png.e47d0ad24c3d9356f5e301941a537f73.png

please can you advise?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

I believe that this is the result of a security token existing between the request and the Timeline.  This makes sure that the Timeline of a request is not accessed by anyone who does not not have access to request that the Timeline is associated to.  By bypassing the request and trying to go straight to the timeline entry, there is no request to validate your access to this timeline entry. 

2 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @samwoo

I believe that this is the result of a security token existing between the request and the Timeline.  This makes sure that the Timeline of a request is not accessed by anyone who does not not have access to request that the Timeline is associated to.  By bypassing the request and trying to go straight to the timeline entry, there is no request to validate your access to this timeline entry. 

Thanks for the explanation

If it can be so that the post becomes visible when clicking the bookmarks then can this be made to happen?

Otherwise just wondered as a result maybe the option to create a bookmark from a request timeline entry should be disabled since it serves no real purposes other than give you a message about your rights to not be able view a post.

If it helps, the post was created by myself on a ticket that I actioned on and will be resolvee by me once customer confirms all ok.

Having a look at it again, it does work, but only for a period of time.  This is because the security tokens between them will expire after a while.  So, it may work at first, but you may find that the next day it isn't working.

I may start by having this option removed until we there is a solution available.  In its place you may want to book mark the request.

Regards,

James

Hi @samwoo

I've added a few bookmarks to posts within a request and at the moment I've not had any issues with access to these.  I've left them for a day, thinking that I would lose access.  But so far it continues to work for me.  Can I ask that you add a few more Bookmarks from different request timelines and keep an eye on these to see if you get the same behaviour.  We would need to identify if there is a pattern to when this happens.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth ,

I have added a few more bookmark posts from other requests and these are ok, it's just this one post of mine in particular where I don't have rights to view it...

The online difference between all the other posts and this one is that I've used the [ code ] [ /code ] markup in there.

The other posts I have bookmarked are random ones by myself and by other people and I can view them no problem at all.

I hope this helps to identify a potential solution.

If it helps in any way this is Ref of the post that doesn't work:
urn:buzz:activity:f24f3fb4-fa92-4f63-82de-05542de7ea27

Thanks,

Samuel

EDIT : I have just noticed something different about each of these posts...

This is the problem post URL:
https://live.hornbill.com/<INSTANCE NAME>/post/urn:buzz:activity:f24f3fb4-fa92-4f63-82de-05542de7ea27

These are the ones that do work:
https://live.hornbill.com/<INSTANCE NAME>/post/urn:buzz:activity:086c3661-3540-41d1-b528-90c6d347a481/?entityUrn=urn:sys:entity:com.hornbill.servicemanager:Requests:SR00052936

https://live.hornbill.com/<INSTANCE NAME>/post/urn:buzz:activity:104e4657-6685-44f4-bc72-9a26ea797486/?entityUrn=urn:sys:entity:com.hornbill.servicemanager:Requests:SR00055573

Hi again,

Ok so I generated the URL of the post using the bits missing from above (and replacing the SR number with the correct one) and I can view this post, so I deleted the bookmark and created it again (this time from within the new URL) and i am still getting the same issue with the permissions, and the URL not having /?entityUrn=urn:sys:entity:com.hornbill.servicemanager:Requests:SR00057415 after it.

Is it possible that the [ code ] [ \code ]  markup is causing this issue?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi,

I think we have found what might be the problem, if you create the bookmark directly from the timeline on the request page it will work, however if you open the post and then bookmark it from the post view, the entityUrn isn't added to the bookmark URL so the bookmark will give you the permissions error.

I have a fix for this which will be in the next release of the collaboration core

Sorry for the inconvenience 

Thanks

Trevor 

Hi @TrevorHarris
(Oh no what happened to my text, it's gone all Italic :O)

Thanks for responding. Actually I bookmarked it from the timeline of the post, but I will test when the fix comes out in the next Collaboration core as it could be related somehow? Glitch in the matrix maybe? I will report back once the upgrade has been applied.

Thanks,

Samuel