Could not connect to server Error in Service Manager

davidrb84

Hi @davidrb84

While this is being looked at, I'm assuming that this is something to do with the indexing.  You can read about indexes on the wiki located here.

There are two types of re-indexing that can be run.  New and All.  In both cases these should be run out of hours.  Using the New option on the re-index is a much shorter process than the All option.  You may want to start with a New re-index on the hornbillitsm index.  You will also need to set the Page Size to 100 or less before you can start the indexing. 

If this has not improved your situation, you can then look at re-indexing hornbillitsm using the All option.  This length of time this takes will vary on how many requests you have. If it is the first time you have run the re-index on All, I would recommend starting this on a Friday evening. 

You can track the progress of the re-index using the Background Jobs view. 

image.png

It will be worth while making a note of how long the indexing takes.  You may find that it is short enough to schedule at more appropriate times.

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...

Hi @Izu

I'm hoping that this has already been dealt with and things are working for you.  I do want to mention that you have a Premier Success plan.  In scenarios such as this I would recommend that you head straight to http://www.hornbill.com/support where you can do a check on the status of your Hornbill instance and raise a support request. 

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...

Hi Izu,

Thanks for your post.  The re-indexing discussed further up this topic was really only to do with the searching and not being able to find requests.  I would suggest that you raise a request directly with Hornbill Support as you have a Premier Success plan. 

Regards,

James