Request Details Form - ability to enter descriptive text

Martyn Houghton

I believe this may have already been raised before, but could not locate a post, apologies if a duplicate.

Can the ability to add descriptive (Description) text to the standard 'Request Details' form fields be added. We are not able to use the custom forms using the h_summary and h_description fields as these do not pre-populate when logging requests from email or linked requests.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Martyn Houghton

Are you referring to having the ability to add some Info to the top of the Request Details Progressive Capture form so you can provide some instruction to the user?

If that is the case, we do have a change in our  backlog to add the Info option that you can see on the Attachments Progressive Capture form.  Not scheduled yet, but hopefully not too far away from being looked at.

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth

Thats is indeed the option I was referring too. It has been added to the standard Add Attachments node but not the Request Details node. At the moment we have to branch based on if the request is being logged by the Portals, as using a custom form when raising requests via the App form email/linked requests will not inherit the content for the fields.

image.png.84367fdb461c960a4579297f7e3041fb.png

Cheers

Martyn

• 5 months later...

+1 for us please - we have just come across the requirement to add more descriptive info in the panel on the right-hand side for this Progressive Capture node.

We wanted to add something like the following as a guidance for the 'Summary' & 'Description' field.

Add some guidance notes on Summary – “Please provide a clear and concise incident statement”

Add some guidance to Description = “Please provide a detailed description of the incident including the timeline, symptoms, components affected and work to date”

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@HGrigsby,

I haven't check yet but this functionality might have been enabled in one of the latest Service Manager releases.

CH00153798 - All Service Manager Progressive Capture forms support the ability to provide an 'Info Message' to help you give more context about what or why the form needs to be filled in

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2019 at 8:39 AM, Steven Cotterell said:

I haven't check yet but this functionality might have been enabled in one of the latest Service Manager releases

That's correct Steven...

We have recently provided an update to all the progressive capture forms to include the Info Message as an option. 

image.png

This was made available in the Service Manager update build 1667

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James