Unable to delete e-mail from Inbox - "Could not contact server"

dwalby

Hi all,

We've recently had a large volume of e-mail alerts from our monitoring systems send to our Hornbill inbox, for some reason we can't delete some of the e-mails, an error states:

image.png.e8432880ab188440525614ee10361a6f.png

The e-mails appear to be quite large in size due to the amount of log file text in the body of the e-mail. Is there any other way to clear these out?

Thanks in advance

On 2/25/2019 at 4:59 PM, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi @dwalby,

Can you please explain how are you trying to delete the messages? 

Is it one message or multiple messages? If multiple, how many are you selecting?

If none of these, probably you are using the "empty folder" option?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi @Daniel Dekel - I've tried deleting individual e-mails, selecting multiple and trying to move the e-mail(s) to another folder. I think the shear size of these e-mails is what's causing the problem, just attempting to read the e-mail causes causes this to display:

image.thumb.png.e44e70552673932496ff9d446220a638.png

Hi @dwalby,

Now is more clar. I think the problem is the mailbox configuration. You need to ask your system Administrator (if you are not already) to check the Associated Roles area and make sure the rights are granted.

Especially the ones related to "Can Get Message", "Can Delete Message".

Hope this is the problem, let me know please.

Thank you,

Daniel.

image.png

@Daniel Dekel Thanks for this, however I already have the admin role, to be clear, I have no issues deleting any other e-mails. As mentioned previously I think it's the size of the e-mails that's causing the problem as this issue has never been experienced before on our instance. Feel free to logon to our instance to take a look for yourself.

@dwalby - in order to remove these messages from your instance we need to "empty" their content. These are all messages received from the "documotive alerts" address between 07/02 and 15/02. By "empty" them I mean their content (body) will be deleted.

Let me know if is ok for us to do this.