Emails reopening resolved tickets

HHH

It is. There is a 7 day grace period in BPM before closing the resolved request.

But if I apply an email to the resolved request during this period I need to manually re-open it. I would be good to have that done by the system.

Mkay... so, broadly: In this 7 day grace period... have a parallel branch in the process waiting for a request update. If the update is an email then process reopen the request... 

P.S. This is just in theory, I never tried it in a process myself...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 3:49 PM, Victor said:

Mkay... so, broadly: In this 7 day grace period... have a parallel branch in the process waiting for a request update. If the update is an email then process reopen the request... 

P.S. This is just in theory, I never tried it in a process myself...

@Victor

Question 1: I'm testing to create this setup now but how do I check if an update is through email?
Question 2: Would I need the current 7 day grace period (wait for status change) or does status changes automatically result in request updates? 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @HHH and @Victor

We're looking at how to get a resolved request to reopen on receipt of  an email too, but I can't see how to do it. Did you ever get yours to work?

thanks

S'ok....found out how to do it by using 'suspend wait for update'

Edited by Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander
40 minutes ago, Paul Alexander said:

S'ok....found out how to do it by using 'suspend wait for update'

Actually...I HAVEN'T got this working. The 'suspend - wait for request update' node doesn't move on when an email is added to the request? Am I doing something wrong?

image.thumb.png.c736a9252c043171426585a0c76308bb.png

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Steve Giller - yes, I've now seen the 'suspend - wait for email' node, but I've just tested that and it seems to be waiting for an email to be sent FROM the request, rather than waiting for an update by an email being attached to the call.

Could I suggest that the 'suspend - wait for update' node be extended so that an email update WILL trigger it please?

And I'll stop worrying about @Victor. I hope he's found something better to do on holiday!!

• 3 years later...

Good morning,

Did anyone find a solution to this?

We would like an email to reopen a Resolved request. However, we don't want any customer out of office emails to reopen the Resolved request.

Is there a way to stop the email from updating the request if it's Resolved?

Many thanks,
Alisha

4 hours ago, Alisha said:

We would like an email to reopen a Resolved request. However, we don't want any customer out of office emails to reopen the Resolved request.

@AlishaWe added a routing rule that deleted emails containing all kinds of out of office autoreply messages in various languages. So far it has worked.

subject LIKE '%autoreply%' OR subject LIKE '%autosvar%' OR subject LIKE '%automaattinen vastaus%' OR subject LIKE '%automatisch antwoord%' OR subject LIKE '%Automatic reply%' OR subject LIKE '%Automatisk svar%' OR subject LIKE '%Out of office%' OR subject like '%Automatische Antwort%' OR subject LIKE '%Automatic reply%' OR subject LIKE
 '%Réponse automatique%' OR body like '%e-mail est généré automatiquement%' OR body like '%e-mail is generated automatically%'

• Like 1

We have a loop so customers can re-open tickets. But we leave out the ticket number from the subject of our resolution mails since many customer raise a new ticket by responding to an old email and we don't want those to go into the old ticket but we want a new one, so we have a manual step there. But if customer goes to portal, they can reopen and it works as expected

• Like 1