Unable to Add Project Resources

Lauren

Hi

We're trying to add a project resource to one of our projects. When clicking the button "Add a New Resource", nothing happens.

Both the user listed as the "Project Manager" and I (we both have the highest permissions within Project Manager) are experiencing this.

We've previously been able to add resources.

Thanks

Lauren

@Lauren resources are added automatically when you add project stakeholders (for every stakeholder you add, a resource record is automatically created).  We plan on adding different types of resource in the future, not just 'People' and as this is the only type at the moment it makes no sense to have an 'add' button on the resources tab.

I'm guessing the issue might be here that you have added the stakeholder and then deleted the resource record?

Alex

Sorry @AlexTumber - we've run into a couple of other issues surrounding project resources:

1) Deleting a stakeholder doesn't remove a resource - is this expected behaviour, given resources are added automatically when stakeholders are added?

2) Adding multiple stakeholders at once doesn't add multiple resources - as an example, I tried to add two stakeholders to a project. It added the two stakeholders fine, but only added the first stakeholder as a resource.

Thanks

Lauren

@Lauren no problem.

When you delete a stakeholder, it does not automatically delete the resource. This is by design. It may be that you have recorded information against that resource (who then leaves the project as a stakeholder). By deleting the resource automatically this information would potentially be lost.

As a stakeholder is added, it should automatically create a resource record. If this is not the case then I suspect we have a bug. I will pass this onto our development team to investigate.

Alex