User application in development?

Adrian Simpkins

Hi

Just a general enquiry really to see if there is a User version of the Hornbill mobile application in development at all ? Due to the nature of our working methods, a mobile application would be really beneficial for our staff to make use of on either a smart phone, or a tablet. Very often our staff would not have a desktop PC to logon to raise a call but would utilise an iPad to access systems as this suits the nature of their role. An app of some sort would be so useful going forward and as our staff are making use of app's more often on mobile devices, this would be ideal!

I did have a quick search on the Forum to see if anyone has suggested this previously but couldn't find anything, so my apologies if this is a repeated enquiry. If there is an existing thread could you point me to it at all please?

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Ehsan

Hi @Adrian Simpkins,

Could you please clarify whether you're referring to a Hornbill App to login to https://live.hornbill.com/[Your Instance]. Sorry if I am misunderstanding but there is already a Hornbill App in the Apple Store and Android Store to allow Hornbill users to access Hornbill features. You can currently view and update Requests, use the Email client and other Collaboration features (such as Conversations, Workspaces and Tasks) but you cannot log/raise a new Request. There is some work in progress in the underlying layer to provide this (As you know, the Progressive Capture engine is very powerful and we need to engineer the underlying engine to work in a mobile too). Details of this work are not confirmed yet but I know this will be a hot topic for the Insights event :)

Ehsan

Hi Ehsan

Thanks for the above, I have the Hornbill application on my mobile already which does indeed have some powerful features for Users to utilise on the move, it was more an enquiry about a Customer version of the app I was enquiring about. I am planning on attending the Insights event so hopefully may be some further updates at that time so I will raise this again at the event if it is not raised by someone else.

Many thanks