Colour code request list

chriscorcoran

Guest Paul Davis

Unless others want to advocate strongly for this, this additional capability seems a nice-to-have, as opposed of providing something that is really needed. Ostensibly, the benefit would be to give prominence to those requests that are resolved/closed, but this is also easily achieved from the request list filter at the top of the list. Granted, this facility is not available for lists created from customised views, but then it might seem that adding this ability (filtering on request state) in customised views would be more beneficial then adding the requested capability. Personally, I would also worry about having an overload of colour on the screen (and possibly clashing ones at that), so foresee many might choose to not take advantage of such a feature. As a result, this isn't in our plans at the moment. 

I could hedge and say that we could push for an enhancement request to be raised for this and declare it is in the official backlog, but then given the above I still wouldn't see this being promoted ahead of other forum requested content any time soon and so thought you would appreciate a more candid response. That said, if this resonates with other customers then, of course, that position could change.

3 hours ago, Paul Davis said:

Unless others want to advocate strongly for this, this additional capability seems a nice-to-have, as opposed of providing something that is really needed. Ostensibly, the benefit would be to give prominence to those requests that are resolved/closed, but this is also easily achieved from the request list filter at the top of the list. Granted, this facility is not available for lists created from customised views, but then it might seem that adding this ability (filtering on request state) in customised views would be more beneficial then adding the requested capability. Personally, I would also worry about having an overload of colour on the screen (and possibly clashing ones at that), so foresee many might choose to not take advantage of such a feature. As a result, this isn't in our plans at the moment. 

I could hedge and say that we could push for an enhancement request to be raised for this and declare it is in the official backlog, but then given the above I still wouldn't see this being promoted ahead of other forum requested content any time soon and so thought you would appreciate a more candid response. That said, if this resonates with other customers then, of course, that position could change.

@Paul Davisfair comments.