Lansweeper Integration With Hornbill

Hi,

We are looking to integrate Lansweeper Asset Management with the Asset Management feature on Hornbill. We were reading the following article on the wiki regarding database asset import and the Hornbill database asset import utility :(https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Database_Asset_Import#Configuration_Example) 

and had a few questions:

1)    Can Hornbill provide Test environments so that we could use the asset import utility to test whether there are any issues and if it works

2)    If it is not possible to test environments, how easy would it be to revert back to our original database if the import utility does not run as planned or causes damage to our system. 

Hi @Jack Tuckwell

In terms of a test environment I suggest talking to your relationship manager at care@hornbill.com who will be able to provide any details about this, however based on your post I don't think it is necessary.

In terms of issues with the import, using our Hornbill cleaner you can clear down all asset data easily. If this is an initial attempt at importing assets and for any reason you want to try again, run the hornbill cleaner utility from here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Hornbill_Clean_Utility and this will clear down all asset data. Please read the full configuration detail as this could also clear down request data if not configured properly. Also remember to reset the asset ID counter as detailed on the wiki page, otherwise the next asset import you run will start as the auto ID after the last one finished - this is a relatively minor point but worth bearing in mind. 

The asset import may appear daunting on an initial glance but it is really quite straight forward in practise. I suggest giving it a try and let us know if you encounter any issues or have any questions.

Lansweeper can tie in very nicely to the custom buttons functionality against an asset record too, so at a click on the asset record you can quickly see the finer details of each asset in a lansweeper view. I believe some detail on this is about to be published on the wiki, although it is very straight forward again so let us know if it's not there yet and you need any help with this. 

Thanks

Conor

• Thanks 1