Storage of images on instance loaded from mobile application

Adrian Simpkins

Hi, I am a newly appointed administrator for Hornbill at Basildon, Mid Essex and Southend hospitals, and have my first enquiry ! We are doing some testing using the mobile application with one of our engineers today, and it appears there was some degradation in the quality of the image uploaded from his handset so i wanted to check if possible please :

• Is there compression on all images during upload?

• Whats the typical size of an image and 30 second video once uploaded

• What housekeeping functionality do we have

• IE auto archive bases on chronological order

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Edited by Adrian Simpkins
spelling mistake

Hi @Adrian Simpkins

Thanks for the post.

I'm not aware of any degradation in image quality when uploaded.  I have asked the development team to check, but I'm sure that won't be the case.  

The size of the image will always depend on how the original image was acquired and with what app.  If you are referring to the uploading of a photo from a mobile device, this could depend on the photo quality produced by the camera.  Currently, video can't be uploaded.  We do provide integration to YouTube and Vimeo.  Playback and streaming are things are best done using these types of specialty services.

We don't provide any automated archiving of images or data.  

I hope that helps.  I will post back if I hear any more about the degradation of image quality.

Regards,

James

Hi James

Thanks for the response, i will go back to the person who raised it to confirm exactly what they uploaded and will of course confirm of any further issues.

With regards to the amount of storage available and housekeeping can i check then would we get notified if we are nearing storage capacity or is our storage unlimited? Just want to understand if we can just keep adding images / attachments or is there a limit?

Many thanks

Hi Adrian,

With the Administration portal you can keep an eye on your storage usage.  You need to go into the App Store and then select the Subscription option.

image.png

There is a limit, but this can easily be increased.  We will notify you if you go over this limit.  If you do go over, everything will continue to work as normal.  You don't have to worry that it will stop working if you go over the limit.  The cost of additional storage is very, very minimal.  

• Like 1

Hi James

Thanks for the response ! I found this the other day when having a look around the admin tools, this will be great to monitor going forward. Also thanks for confirming that we would receive notifications when reaching our limits, I thought as much but wanted to just be sure :D

Hi Adrian,

I just wanted to give you an update on the image size when uploaded from the mobile app.  It seems that the iOS app uploads a full size image while the Android app does reduce the size of the image on upload.  We will be providing an option in the next update to the Android app that lets you select if you want to upload the full size or "data friendly" size. 

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks James, I will update this on my mobile and have a play.

With regards to the image upload from on IOS device, is there currently an option to either upload a compressed image or full image be added at all? A lot of our mobile devices are Apple devices so just wanted to see if there is an option already on IOS to choose size of file upload, or does it just upload the image with no option to choose file size?

Thanks