Retention rule for mailbox

Aaron Summers

Hi,

I wonder if Hornbill mailbox have retention rule? The reason I'm asking is because we would like to keep up to 6 months old emails before it automatically delete once pass the retention date. Would it be possible to have this setup for the mailbox? Because one of my team leader informed me that he would like this action to be done soon preferably before April and I really do not want to manually click and select for each mailbox that have over 21,000 emails....

Thanks,
Aaron :ph34r:

@Aaron Summers

There is no current automated retention capability in the mailbox, but Hornbill will be able to advise if the have any plans.

However one thing to be aware of is clearing down the mailbox will remove the ability to "View Email" from a request timeline entry created from it. You will only have the textual element on the email on the timeline to refer too, if the original email is deleted.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton

That is what I thought and wonder if they would add this possible feature involve with the mailbox.

Also I am aware of this potential to remove the ability to see the "view email" in timeline of the historic requests however due to GDPR, this will affect us with sensitive and personal data that need to be remove hence why I created a topic on here about retention rule feature.

Thanks,

@Aaron Summers

This might be a setting that interests you regarding GDPR.  

image.png

It might be the case that the 'sensitive' data in the email is automatically added to the timeline.  This setting removes the body of the email from being added to the timeline update.  You are then more dependent on viewing the original email.  

Hi @James Ainsworth

Thank you for that and that does look like a useful tool for us.

What about retention rule for mailbox? I noticed that when you created a folder, there is no other way to delete the folder when it no longer required?

Thanks,

Also while I'm on the subject on Mailbox.

Can I also suggest for routing rules for mailbox to have ability to rerun once you created/edited the rules on the current mailbox.

Because I have changed quite a lot of the rules to updated the title, rule etc but it does not have ability to rerun on the current mailbox.

Oh and also when you created a new folder in the mailbox, there is no other way to delete the folder in the mailbox other than empty the folder in administration setting, can this also be consider too?

I am aware that I am asking for 3 possible feature to be add for mailbox but I do think mailbox is due to update.

Thanks,

On 1/31/2019 at 3:41 AM, Aaron Summers said:

there is no other way to delete the folder when it no longer required?

Hi Aaron, 

I'm not sure I fully understand so I might have this wrong...

There is an option to delete a folder when no longer needed.  Select the folder and then at the bottom of the preview panel, select Delete Folder from the 'More Options'.

image.png

On 1/31/2019 at 3:41 AM, Aaron Summers said:

What about retention rule for mailbox?

I have inquired about providing retention rules.  While there are no plans to create rules for deleting emails, there has been some discussion on archiving emails based on the age of the email.  There isn't anything scheduled at the moment so I can't yet provide a commitment or time frame for providing this.

Regards,

James

• Thanks 1

Hi @James Ainsworth

Thanks for the information of how to delete the folders, not sure why I have never notice "more options" below!

That is great, at least it had been discussion about it so I am looking forward in the future for this (eventually). Is there any workaround in the meantime or would it be 100% manually task in mailbox?

Thanks,