Finding a user assets

Hi, we've noticed it's quite messy trying to find out which assets belong to a user, as the infromation isn't shown in the co-workers details screen.

If I search against the name smith and pick a user who I know has a laptop, their isn't an Assets tab like when I look at my own profile. 

If I search the Assets option against "smith" I can't easily see who the assets belong to with going deeper into the options. Is there a way to show the users assets in their details sceen, or show the user name next to the device in the assets screen? I hope that makes sense :)

image.png.05de847a4067442bce7da93c90a59344.png

image.png

Regards,

Andy Hodkinson

@AndyHodkinsonPrincesIT

For GDPR purpose, you would need to obfuscate the information above such as asset, work phone, email and name.

6 minutes ago, AndyHodkinsonPrincesIT said:

show the user name next to the device in the assets screen?

Nonetheless, I like the idea of having an name next to the assets, it is very critical for us as we have over 1,000 customers so it can be very tricky to find the assets if not provide the ID. +1 for this.

Thanks,
Aaron :ph34r:

@AndyHodkinsonPrincesIT

I have edited the screenshot above which contained sensitive information. As suggested by @Aaron Summers you would need to exercise more caution when posting screenshots and other information on the forums.

I remind you the forums are open publicly it means any visitor (does not have to be a registered user) can access and read forum content.

• Victor changed the title to Finding a user assets

@Victor Thank you for that :)

image.png.419c7b7be1787ed088661753dc43d93e.png

This truly crack me up!

Anyway, can you see the suggestion made about having the name next to asset to make it more clear when search for the asset? It might not means but useful at quick glance.

Hi @AndyHodkinsonPrincesIT

To answer your question - we have a Change in play to provide the ability to see a users assets against their user profile, similar to the 'My Assets' tab within your own user profile. This is a minor change but as far as I'm aware hasn't been prioritised yet so there is no ETA. 

I have added you in as a connection to this change so as soon as it is released you will be notified.

Thanks

Conor

• Like 1

@Aaron Summers no problem! 

I have also added you in as a connection to the above mentioned change, and just in case others would also be interested in this feature I've added a link to this forum post within the change.

Anybody else - let us know of your interest here, and we will notify everyone that has expressed an interest when the change has been released.

• Thanks 1

@James Ainsworth

Yeah, I am aware of this and use this search option when we need to find out more about assets but for quick glance, we couldn't see the name other than name of the asset appear when type in the box. Just make it more clear and useful.

Thanks,
Aaron :ph34r:

• 10 months later...