User connection to view request via portal

Shamaila.Yousaf

We are in the process of creating a business process for mobile phone requests, we add the customer as the line manager & the staff who requires the phone is added as the user connection. 

Would there be a possibility of the user connection having the ability to access the call via the portal to keep a track on the progress?

I  can see this being useful in other cases our end also.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi @Shamaila.Yousaf thanks for the suggestion.  We have a story for allowing some visibility for connections of a request on self service and this has quite a bit of community support so i would hope we would see some movement on this soon, we'll post back here once this story is scheduled and progresses. 

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A feature for providing a view only access to a request for Connections is now available.  The view only access of a request is only available to full Collaboration Users and Basic Users.  These requests can be accessed under the My Services option within the Hornbill Client.

image.png

More information about this feature can be found here

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworthany ideas when & if the 'connections' option will be viewable via the self service portal? I have only just realised there is more than one portal!..

Our users do not access the employee portal which includes the 'My Services', they use the self service portal only.  Anyway. I see this via the My Services and love the drop down which shows the 'connections'. It would be useful for this feature to be available on the self service portal for our users.

Any ideas on this please?

On a separate note it was mentioned at Insights there will be a new customer portal coming out soon am I to assume this will be the replacement for the self service portal?

Or is it the replacement for the one we don't use (Employee Portal).

Apologies if this is a silly one.

Hi Shamaila,

Thanks for your post.

There is a progression toward the new Employee Portal that was announced at Insights 19.  As part of Insights 18 we introduced the current My Services which was presented as a step between the Service Portal and the eventual Employee Portal.  Both the Service Portal and My Services have remained active so that customers can make the choice on what they use and how or when they transition to the Employee Portal as it comes available.  Basic Users can also access My Services from the main client, without having any other access to Collaboration or other Hornbill apps.

There isn't any plans to add the Connections visibility to the Service Portal. We are continuing to have our focus on the new Employee Portal.  

I hope that helps.

Regards,

James

• Like 1