Routing rules updating Resolved requests

Shamaila.Yousaf

On 1/22/2019 at 10:34 AM, Victor said:

@Shamaila.Yousaf - to have an email applied to an existing request automatically, you can use a rule having this expression: REGEX_MATCH(subject, '.*\b[a-zA-Z]{2}[0-9]{8}\b.*'). There is more information about this and more examples on our wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Email_Routing_Rules

Also, there is an FAQ explaining all scenarios where the rule might fail to apply an email to a request, I would suggest reading it so you know how this works and, more importantly, why it might not:  

@Victor can i please double check something with you , apologies if I have missed something.   I have checked the admin tool settings and the options are turned off (as they should be).  I find that the calls are being updated where the calls are at a resolved stage....should it not 'fail' in that case?  Even then it seems hit and miss. 

Thanks in advance.

@Shamaila.Yousaf 

31 minutes ago, Shamaila.Yousaf said:

I find that the calls are being updated where the calls are at a resolved stage....should it not 'fail' in that case?

Resolved status is an "Open" status and as such updating a request will not fail.

P.S. I have created a separate topic to discuss this as I would like the thread opened by SJEaton discussing their specific issue. We advise creating separate threads to discuss issues unless a contribution to an existing thread is not divagating the original discussion...