+Custom Column

Shamaila.Yousaf

I have noticed that when you are in your created view and you click on the configure icon (cog) it appears with +custom column.

Can anyone shed any light on what this is for?

I have a staff leaver view created and would like to have the calls arranged in ascending order from the staff leave date.

All details currently appear in the summary of the call.

Not sure if this feature could work for me with this.

On another note, if this feature is what i think it is it would be useful to have this available from the main request screen.

8 minutes ago, shamaila.yousaf said:

I have noticed that when you are in your created view and you click on the configure icon (cog) it appears with +custom column.

Can anyone shed any light on what this is for?

@shamaila.yousaf - documentation for this is on our Wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_List_Views

image.png

9 minutes ago, shamaila.yousaf said:

I have a staff leaver view created and would like to have the calls arranged in ascending order from the staff leave date.

All details currently appear in the summary of the call.

I think you are talking about sorting the results in the list which is also documented on our Wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_List

image.png

So you most likely need to add the "Staff Leave Date" column in the list then use it to sort the results...

7 hours ago, shamaila.yousaf said:

On another note, if this feature is what i think it is it would be useful to have this available from the main request screen.

The challenge with this being on the main screen is that any custom column could become a mix of different request types and therefore different information stored within the custom fields.  This would potentially create a lot of confusion as the data in the column may not reflect the name of the column.