Knowledge Centre Searching

Alisha

Hello,

We are finding it quite difficult to use the Knowledge Centre to link to Problems. It would appear that the search terms have to be very specific and match words in the Summary/Description of the Problem.

Please could I request that the Category is also referenced so that we can use that to find Problems?

Many thanks,
Alisha

Guest Mohamed

Hi @Alisha

With the way the Knowledge Centre works, is that the search term used looks against requests with the same or similar keywords in their summary and description. 

If you wish to filter your results down by category just ensure that you have the Request Category form as part of your progressive capture set up and it will filter the request results down by that selected category and requests which match you search query 

Hope that helps :) 

Hi @Mohamed,

Me again.

This works until someone picks the wrong category. 

When I was testing this without using the Request Category form, it looked like the Knowledge Centre was searching for key words from the Summary and Description. Is this not the case if the Request Category form is used?

Is there a way for the Knowledge Centre to look at key words from the Category, Summary and Description, just in case the wrong Category is selected?

Many thanks,
Alisha

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Mohamed @James Ainsworth @Steven Boardman @Victor

Would it be possible for someone to look at this please? This is causing us issues as we now have multiple categories that could be linked to the same Problem.

Creating one category for this particular Problem isn't a viable option as there are several symptoms associated with it.

Many thanks,
Alisha

On 1/15/2019 at 12:31 AM, Alisha said:

Is there a way to only have Problems appear in the results?

Hi @Alisha

In order to show information about Problems and Known Errors you must publish them first.  The Publish option allows you to define a customer facing description of the issue which can be very different from the technical descriptions used by the staff that are fixing the problems.

image.png

Once published, the users on the portals will be able to use the Me Too button to add themselves to the problem record.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

James

9 hours ago, Alisha said:

we now have multiple categories that could be linked to the same Problem

Hi @Alisha

The categories are designed to allow for only one category selection per request.  Having the ability to have multiple "tags" against a single record is something that I see as being a valid requirement to help with identifying and searching different request types.  I mention "tags" as we do have a change in our backlog for adding "Tags" to requests.  If you are familiar with Document Manager, this has a tagging feature which is similar to what we will look to add to Service Manager.  While there are no plans to change the category feature, hopefully the Tags will give you what you need.  

At the moment the Tag feature is not scheduled, but I will review this and check on its progress.

Regards,

James

• Like 1