Twitter Certificate Prompt When Opening Hornbill

Michael Sharp

Mike,

Can you share a screenshot of the error message, please?

I can see we are using a library which is being loaded from widgets.twitter.com, I am not sure exactly what that does but if your AV software is throwing a certificate error from that domain, that's more likely to be an issue with your AV software tbh. 

Gerry

On 1/4/2019 at 3:01 PM, Gerry said:

@Michael Sharp

One of our developers pointed out that we include this library because we support "embedded media for tweets", if you paste a link to a tweet in a post or comment you will see what I mean. 

Did you get this resolved?

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.  Turns out we have an over zealous anti virus but I do think this kind of functionality should be optional i.e. enable/disable in system settings where third party media plug ins are not used.  Presumably this would optimise the performance of our instance?

Regards and thanks,

Mike.

@Michael Sharp

Thought that may well be the case.  I am not sure if there is a practical way of implementing this as an option.  We have assumed that those big services are going to be performant and reliable, it's not caused us any problems thus far, I will need to ask the devs, but I suspect it only gets loaded on demand (i.e. when it needs to) which would imply that you might already have embedded tweets in one or more of your activity streams.

Gerry