Unable to search for tickets

Ann-MarieHolloway

A couple of users are unable to search for tickets using the global search facility.  One user attempted to search for SR0014225 and had the following result:

image.png.14bbd4543fbb2944adb29fb8f840c4c0.png

However, when I carry out the search I get the following result:

image.png.fb7d5581b8070778c08c660c3a0f44be.png

The user searching for the call, is the owner of the call and has the following roles assigned to him:

image.png.3e3ba7f6a37bb5e4b796bf7d91443c67.png

Any advice greatly received.

Many Thanks

@Ann-MarieJones It is certainly possible for different users to get different results from the global search, based on the requests being logged against services which their teams do or do not support, but you indicate they are the owner 

Can they still not find this request via global search?  i just want to check this wasn't an indexing delay where the request would take a few mins to return after logging?

If this is still not showing for them then perhaps the best route would be to raise a support ticket so our support team can take a look for you:  

https://www.hornbill.com/support/

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

@Ann-MarieJones ok sorry i didn't know at the time which success plan you had.  In the example you have cited above Joseph Adesina appears to be the customer not the owner of that request?  Again without looking into specifics of your configuration / services / supporting teams it is a bit difficult to be specific but in this scenario if Joseph was the customer, and the their request was logged against a service which one of Joseph's Support team's be belongs to, does not support that service, then i would not expect the request to be returned in the list as he the customer not the owner (and his support credentials (teams he belongs to and services his teams support govern what he can see in the global search), i assume he can see this request from self service (as a customer, or from his profile and request list)?

20 minutes ago, Ann-MarieJones said:

Shouldn't all analysts be able to search for any call?

No. There are visibility restrictions in place, for example, you would not want any analyst to search and see the summary and description of an HR request dealing with disciplinary action or a salary review...

@Ann-MarieJones it all depends on your setup.  If you want all analysts to see all tickets, i.e they can support and search for them, this is absolutely fine and in fact is our default position when you are creating the services you offer. 

So in the example below for a new service, under supporting teams  -  the default is support by all teams. 

image.png

If you subsequently refine this and add in only the teams you want to support this service or see requests raised against it, then your agents will only be able to see requests raised against services they support.  But our OOTB is that all services are supported by all teams, until you decide otherwise.

As victor says there maybe many good reasons why you would not want all agents to see all tickets, but this is a choice you can make as needed in your organisation.

Hope that helps

Steve

@Ann-MarieJones - as mentioned on the other forum thread where you raise the issue with the BP error (https://community.hornbill.com/topic/14960-business-process-error-when-sending-emails/), we have been carrying out some additional maintenance work over the weekend which, I hope, resolves the searching issues as well... can you please have a look and let me know how it works now? Any better?

7 minutes ago, Ann-MarieJones said:

We are due to install update Build: 1408 today and I wonder if that may assist in the resolution of this issue?

@Ann-MarieJones - no, there are no changes in this build related to search functionality. I will need to have a look in your instance using their context to see why the search returns no results. I would need some examples of requests they searched that did not bring back results.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ann-MarieJones - oh, sorry, I was absolutely convinced I came back here with an update... I see that I didn't.... *sigh ...sorry

We discussed this internally and as an outcome, we identified a defect in the searching engine causing the exact issue you have when searching... I understand that the fix will be deployed in the next ESP platform update.

Hi @Victor

I noticed that the latest build of Hornbill ESP (2987) has been released to live and I confirm I have installed the latest Service Manager build, however I have now noticed that I am unable to search for the following calls:

CH*18828 and IN*18819

There is an error on the Change Request image.png.f0f937a7fb67c3097cedf5ea1112762e.png

And I have 0 search results

image.png.151b7f8acebeacbd16052287abdb3225.png