Emptying deleted items folder

HHH

If an email is deleted completey, you'll no longer be able to access them from a Request. The timeline is (optionally) populated with the content of the email, you just need to check that this setting is on: app.request.update.includeEmailDetailsInTimeline

@HHH

Unfortunately, if you need access to deleted emails then you cannot delete them. Because of the way our shared mailboxes have evolved, in particular, the way in which we make reference to messages, rather than duplicate them and copy them, the "Deleted Items" folder is really poorly named.  It would be better for you to think of that folder being called "Archived Mail" (we will almost certainly rename it to this at some point in the future), this better describes the purpose of the folder. 

So perhaps another question might be, what are you trying to achieve, I appreciate you want to "empty the deleted items folder" but to what end? Why do you need to delete them in the first place?

Thanks,

Gerry

@HHH

Along the lines @Gerry has mentioned, we use an 'Inbox Archive' folder for processed emails to be moved to. Due to volume of them and to make it easier and quicker to search for them we actually have a separate folder for each month due to the volume of email we deal with.

Each month we create a new folder and update the setting to automatically move processed emails into the folder.

image.thumb.png.ffb804fbd4852db1e64066825a9099fc.png

You have to change the folder and setting each time as it nor currently possible to rename a folder in the mailbox.

Cheers

Martyn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerry said:

@HHH

So perhaps another question might be, what are you trying to achieve, I appreciate you want to "empty the deleted items folder" but to what end? Why do you need to delete them in the first place?

There is really no need. The question came from one of our analysts in order to tidy things up but I thought it was better to look here first before saying OK, and luckily I did.