Asset Management - SCCM import

Giuseppe Iannacone

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone ,

To add the warranty start and expiry dates to your records, you need to map values from the query into the h_warranty_expires and h_warranty_start columns in the AssetGenericFieldMapping section of your configuration. These need to be populated by a date/time string returned as part of your SQL query in the format YYYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS

image.png

If you take a look at the example conf_computerPeripheral.json file supplied with the Database Asset Import Tool release package, and the Database Asset Import documentation on our Wiki , this should give you a good starter for 10 on how to import monitor assets into Hornbill from your SCCM database.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need any more information.

Steve

@Giuseppe Iannacone

I think at first it would be important to find out whether or not and maybe someone is able to assist based on the following information...

1. Warranty information is already recorded in your SCCM database?
  2. Computer Peripherals are recorded in your SCCM database?

I do not have a great deal of experience in SCCM but what I do know is that we do not record Peripherals in there... it would take a lot to generate information on those assets and would most likely require third-party tools... but you may already do this.

The thing you need to do if you already have this information in SCCM is to try and create or reuse an SQL script to pull this information out and either add it to the existing SCCM SQL in the JSON file as @Steve G is pointing out above or create another JSON file just to populate the Peripherals.

Same goes for the Warranty information, find out what table it's held in and use it in your existing computer SQL query.

Apologies I cannot be of any further help... but you did ask a good question as I am not sure if we capture Warranty information so I am going to be asking internally :D

Thanks,

Samuel