Asset Import Tool

Hello,

I'm having issues using the asset import tool, i dont think it is connecting to my service manager instance. The logs are saying the following:-

[ERROR] API Call failed when retrieving Asset Class:Post /data/?method=entityBrowseRecords2: unsupported protocol scheme ""
2018/12/28 12:14:49 [DEBUG] API XML: <params><application>com.hornbill.servicemanager</application><entity>AssetsTypes</entity><searchFilter><column>h_name</column><value>Server</value><matchType>exact</matchType></searchFilter><maxResults>1</maxResults></params>
2018/12/28 12:14:49 [ERROR] Could not get Asset Class and Type. Please check AssetType within your configuration file:EOF

It is connecting to my ODBC connection fine but then throwing API errors when searching for site and customer etc

I am using my test instance and i know the user is avaiable and the API key is correct.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Hi @Joanne,

The "Could not get Asset Class..."-error could be because the "Server" Asset Type does not exist (i.e. no results in the query would create that error). Could you please confirm whether "Server" is set up?

That being said, the preceding (protocol) error might point to something else (it could also be connected).

Hi @Joanne,

The "unsupported protocol scheme" error points to the tool not being able to connect to the Hornbill instance, probably due to one of the following: 

• The (case-sensitive) instance ID defined in the configuration JSON is incorrect;
  • Access to files.hornbill.com and files.hornbill.co is blocked from the PC that you're running the tool from.

If you can send me your configuration file (with the API keys removed), I'll take a look at the config to make sure everything is ok there.

Thanks,

Steve

This was an issue with my proxy settings after.

I do have another issue now tho :(

When running the tool it creates the asset in my test instance as expected but it doesn’t seem to put the data from sql table in. I know its connecting to my sql table and pulling the assets through as the log writes the asset name but as you can see attached it’s only populated the general text variables ("_this a test")  and not the information pulled from the database.

Any ideas?

hornbill asset screenshots.docx

Hi @Joanne,

I've had another look, and there was an issue mapping data from records when using certain drivers which was causing your issue. I've fixed the code in the tool and just released it to Github. The release package can be downloaded directly from here:

https://github.com/hornbill/goDBAssetImport/releases/download/1.7.2/goDBAssetImport_v1_7_2.zip

It's just the executable that you need to replace, as your configuration file shouldn't need to change. Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Steve