Stop calls re-opening once put on-hold

samwoo

Hello,

We have a slight dilemma where if a customer is on leave and we put a call on hold, the call is reopened via the Email Routing Rules from an email from that customer's out of office status.

The Out of Office appearing in the timeline of a request is a good thing for us to have, but with the delay in receiving this email, we have to put the call on-hold twice if we forget to wait and check if they are out of office or not via that email.

I would like to request 2 possible solutions that will help overcome this.

1. Include an option in the Auto-Routing Rule such as "Do not update ticket status" and if ticked, will leave the status of the ticket as it was

2. Allow us to configure and Include a delay on the on-hold action, and showing this delay in real time - "call being placed on-hold within x seconds". 

I was also wondering if there will be any form of AI to be used in Hornbill in the future? What i mean is for this system to intelligently check the subject and/or body of an email and automatically put the call on hold if it detects what looks like to be an out of office and automatically pick up the dates and information from within this email.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

@samwoo

I was planning on adding a post myself for virtually the same requirement, i.e. option in Routine Rule to not trigger an Sub Status change when updating the ticket automatically. In our case we do not want internal emails, i.e. use the fromDomain, to change the status automatically for the very same reason on not auto updating the sub status and taking it off hold.

I presume you could use the 'body' criteria to have two rules, one which does do the the update and the other which does not, based on checking for common wording for 'Out of Office' etc.

Cheers

Martyn

44 minutes ago, Martyn Houghton said:

@samwoo

I was planning on adding a post myself for virtually the same requirement, i.e. option in Routine Rule to not trigger an Sub Status change when updating the ticket automatically. In our case we do not want internal emails, i.e. use the fromDomain, to change the status automatically for the very same reason on not auto updating the sub status and taking it off hold.

I presume you could use the 'body' criteria to have two rules, one which does do the the update and the other which does not, based on checking for common wording for 'Out of Office' etc.

Cheers

Martyn

Great minds think alike @Martyn Houghton,

I do prefer the auto routing rule option to not update the call with someone's out of office.

I'm not sure how it works in the office 365 and before, all out of office has "Automatic Reply:" in the subject field so we use this to identify out of office.

I'm not sure if your last paragraph was a comment to my last paragraph re. the AI technology but yes i currently have a normal update and the other is the out of office update. It's the out of office one I would use to atop the status change. Further if this potential AI technology could be used to check the contents of the email(s) and determine if it's and out of office and pull back the date from within and auto populate the on-hold to date.

Have a very Merry Xmas to you and all!

Samuel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, samwoo said:

Great minds think alike @Martyn Houghton,

I do prefer the auto routing rule option to not update the call with someone's out of office.

I'm not sure how it works in the office 365 and before, all out of office has "Automatic Reply:" in the subject field so we use this to identify out of office.

I'm not sure if your last paragraph was a comment to my last paragraph re. the AI technology but yes i currently have a normal update and the other is the out of office update. It's the out of office one I would use to atop the status change. Further if this potential AI technology could be used to check the contents of the email(s) and determine if it's and out of office and pull back the date from within and auto populate the on-hold to date.

Have a very Merry Xmas to you and all!

Samuel

Has anyone had a chance to look at this query?

Thanks,

Samuel

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone is able to offer any input into this feature request to allow the prevention of Sub-Status changes from within an Auto-Routing rule?

Thanks,

Samuel