Mailbox Rights - Hide notification of unread emails in top bar.

Martyn Houghton

It would also be beneficial for us to be able to have the control to create a job role to make sure that people can still use the mailbox (for example being able to email customers from within the request) but for them not be able to access the mailbox itself within Hornbi. These users should still be able to access any emails related to the request.

This would also mean hiding those unread email notifications to these users since it would be pointless for them to know how many emails are in the mailbox - as @Martyn Houghton is pointing out.

• Thanks 1

@Daniel Dekel

On 12/20/2018 at 9:08 AM, Daniel Dekel said:

I'm not sure what would happen if the user removed his email notification flag in the profile.

Not sure that would work, but worth trying.

If it does nothing, perhaps we can use this flag to remove the notification icon for the email.

image.png

I give it a try, but as we have a significant number of shared mailboxes and we want to only display the notification of unread emails for certain mailboxes to certain analysts, but said analyst need to be able to send and view emails from the some of the other shared mailboxes as they provide 2nd Tier cover etc.

Cheers

Martyn

@samwoo , @Martyn Houghton,

I think I have the solution for both of you. In the Shared Mailbox Rights tab in the Admin Tool, you need to uncheck the "Can Get Folder Properties". If this is unables, than the user will not have rights to see the email folders and therefore the entire email view for that particular mailbox will be hidden for these users.

That will also make the notifications disappear but it will still allow to view a single email and send emails.

Hope this helps.

And by the way... Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Daniel.

image.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...