Issue opening change request

Giuseppe Iannacone

I'm not able to open change requests for a specific service; here is my role:
image.png.b186a1322f8925cc79f408887c739c64.png
and this are the service subscribers:
image.png.54aa1e85a56743946b82d25f4eae3bc1.png

even if i select one of the subscribers, i'm not able to open change requests with the "Raise New" button (the item is missing in the service list selection):
image.png.b6eb4a4cf2886562af1d2e37b4f502b8.png

this is because I must be a subscriber or a member of the "Change Management Full Access"?

Thank you

@Giuseppe Iannacone for the service which you can't seem to open changes for is the following setting enabled?

By default i believe the Change Configuration will be set to Disabled therefore even if catalog items are defined against it, it will not show on the Services form in progressive capture - could you confirm if this is enabled for the service you are having an issue with?

image.png

Steve

@Giuseppe Iannacone just taking a step back, when you say you are not able to open change requests under the Raise New option - is this for just the one specific service, or you can't raise changes against All services?

Your end users can raise requests via the service portal so i assume you have configured catalog items against this or other services? 

Is this issue affecting just you or are other agents able to see and raise Changes against this service?

Steve

1 minute ago, Steven Boardman said:

@Giuseppe Iannacone just taking a step back, when you say you are not able to open change requests under the Raise New option - is this for just the one specific service, or you can't raise changes against All services?

Your end users can raise requests via the service portal so i assume you have configured catalog items against this or other services? 

Is this issue affecting just you or are other agents able to see and raise Changes against this service?

Steve

@Steven Boardman

1. at the moment is the only service that has a change request rolled out.

2. correct and also for this specific service the test user is also a Full User (not basic)

3. it seems it is affecting also the other agents with similar access that i have.

Thanks @Giuseppe Iannacone

Ok a couple of things from this.

The progressive capture works fine for me in terms of logging a request..... but as there is no Request Type form following your Services form then if no catalog item is selected it will default down the No Match path and log an Incident (by default), if you add the Request Type form to your No Match path, once you have chosen a service you can pick Change and it will long a change against the chosen service and invoke the business process assigned under Request Configuration on the service.   

With this change it worked as expected for me

Equally if i made a Change catalog item visible to the service desk with this setting:

Visibility set to either Service Desk or Both

image.png

Then it displayed in the services list for me 

image.png

And if chosen would raise the change against this catalog item following your switch node in your progressive capture

image.png

I've attached the PC if you want to try this one again with the request type node, and if you are using catalog items under change if you could check and make sure there visibility is set to both or servicedesk

Hopefully this should then work for you

Steve

test.pcf.txt

@Steven Boardman thank you for your kind reply. I believe there's an issue with the service it self, a kind of corruption.

On 12/11/2018 at 5:27 PM, Steven Boardman said:

but as there is no Request Type form following your Services form then if no catalog item is selected it will default down the No Match

this cannot happen to us because we have a setting in the admin (i don't remember how is it called) that says is mandatory to select an item (if it is existing at least 1 item); also please note that this happens even if i select directly a change request button:
image.png.fd3d370c83a492e5ac2ce69c53bc51e2.png   image.png.1530a20ceb6db6a017dae3559e032c35.png
in the screenshot above you can see the "corrupted" service numbered as 21 and the test one numbered 99. Now I have an item in service 21 for change and more than 1 item for service 99; both services are using the same PC and BPM, but service 99 is working!!!!
Any suggestion will be very helpful!

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone 

The setting to make the selection of a catalog item mandatory is:

servicemanager.progressiveCapture.servicedetails.catalogRequired

When you use the Change or any other request type from the log request drop down list, it has a Context so you don't need to use the Request Type progressive capture form in your flow, as it knows which request type you are using.  However when using the Raise New the request type is unknown and as such you will need to use the Request Type in order to choose the correct request type, obviously if you are using the mandatory catalog item option this should be ok. 

Now as you have shown if you get to the service progressive capture form via your Change progressive capture then your services are displayed and for 99 - Test Service you can see your configured catalog items, which is great as it rules out any wider issue. 

In regards to 21 - CRM Dynamics the service is displayed, so again a good sign :)  Now for the catalog items which you have defined against this service.

Could you share a screen shot of configuration of the catalog item?

image.png

* Looking to see if there is anything unusual in the name of the catalog item

* Looking to check on the level of visibility to ensure it is set to Service Desk or Both

* Looking to check if it is set to Published 

Have you created any Language versions for this catalog item? do you have a default language version? and if so does this correspond to the language of the agent who is following the progressive capture flow?

Could you also just double check that the catalog item you have configured is under the Change request type in your Request Configuration for the service?

Thanks

Steve

@Steven Boardman

image.thumb.png.a3d0016a668107b3bbe9b6c0c7fe7bb5.png

2 hours ago, Steven Boardman said:

your Change progressive capture then your services are displayed and for 99 - Test Service

this works fine for both "raise new" button and Change button, but only for service "99 - Test Service".

* Looking to see if there is anything unusual in the name of the catalog item I don't think so...
* Looking to check on the level of visibility to ensure it is set to Service Desk or Both To me it seems ok
* Looking to check if it is set to Published To me it seems ok
Have you created any Language versions for this catalog item? do you have a default language version? and if so does this correspond to the language of the agent who is following the progressive capture flow? Currently there's only the default English (British) one but probably there was an italian version now removed

image.png.e3e31db58cbfa5035c2fcf715f8444df.png

2 hours ago, Steven Boardman said:

Could you also just double check that the catalog item you have configured is under the Change request type in your Request Configuration for the service?

of course it is :) and has got restricted subscribers:
image.png.c44be1c1df86d043e5bce1fbf46d7260.png

@Giuseppe Iannacone in that las screen shot you have set visibility controls on that catalog item (the golden people icon), could you show us a screen shot for this, or for testing purposes remove any settings so that all subscribers to the service also have visibility rights to the catalog item - Include All?  and i am just checking if the users are all subscribed as individuals or if you have a mixture of groups and or users (where there maybe some conflict)?

Going right back to your first post, this should be based on subscribers not agents so the agent roles i.e change full access should not be a factor.

I am wondering if this is stopping the catalog item being displayed, if the customer does not have rights to view it even though they are subscirbed to the service?

image.png

@Steven Boardman

it seems that enabling all the subscribers give us the opportunity to see the item, but I need to restrict the item only to specific subscribers.
as in your screenshot we have 6-7 users with the include option and about 20 company with the excluded option. the users are members of one of the company. I confirm the users can see the item in the service portal. Probably the exclude option wins on the include option?
I will try to create a group for the subscribers of the item and let you know how it goes.

@Giuseppe Iannacone ok i have done some testing, could you try the following?

On the service i have

* Group - Ares Computer Services Company - this is all my users in the business under this, including Steve Robinson and Tom Brown

* Whilst Steve and Tom are both part of the above company, i want to mange Tom's visibility individually to different catalog items, so i add him as an individually subscribed user to the service. 

image.png

Now on the Change Catalog Item i do the following:

I exclude all users who appear under the Ares Computer Services (which includes Tom Brown)

I include visibility for Tom Brown to the catalog item (as he is subscirbed to the service individually) 

image.png

As an agent i now go to progressive capture Raise New or Change and i add Tom Brown as the customer

I get to the Services View and i can see the Application Access change catalog item as i would expect

image.png

If i do the following but choose Steve Robinson (Part of the Ares Computer Services Grouping), when i get to the Service form i do not see Application Access change catalog item as i would expect as he is in a group which is excluded. 

image.png

Checking on the service portal, this level of visibility is also respected and Tom Brown can see the Change Catalog Item, but Steve Robinson can't. 

So with this in mind and given that this looks like the configuration you started with at the beginning of this discussion can we see if there is an issue or conflict with different groupings.

1. Could you subscribe a group to the service which two customers belong to

2. Could you subscribe one of these customers to the service as an individual

3. On the catalog item visibility could you set the one group to Exclude, and the subscribed customer to Include. 

4. Could you test and see if this provides the correct level of visibility for the one subscirbed customer and excluded for all those other customers in the group

If the above behaves as expected could you

5. Add more individually subscribed customers to the service, and in term to Include on the Catalog item

If this behaves as expected could you

6. Subscribe more groups to the service, and exclude them from the catalog item visibility  - taking note of the subscribed groups types (general, cost centre etc)

Could you let us know how you get on 

Steve

@Steven Boardman i've done further tests and it seems that the issue now is also on the test service (99 - test service), my impression is that the subscriber list doesn't work correctly

if i use the following setting, i'm not able to see the item on the "raise new" button even if i select as a customer "Dinh, Phu"

image.png.813b336a53191767186b40a5845f904b.png

but if i leave the service open to all the users above, than I'm able to see the item with the "raise new" button. So it seems there's no difference in beeing a part or not of a company but it makes the difference when only a select list is included.

Does it makes sense to you?
Do you want me to reply to the 6 question you made me or do you think this information gives you enough details?

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone given you are seeing the issue on different services now and pinning it down to the catalog visibility (which seems to work ok for me on my instance), i think it would be wise at this point to get this looked at for you via our support team, are you ok to log the issue here: https://www.hornbill.com/support/ as part of your success plan.

I think at this point we need to look at this with you on your instance to figure out what is not working for you, and this will be the quickest way to do this for you now, is that ok?

Steve