Database direct timeout/abort

davidrb84

Good afternoon

I am an occasional database direct user, it was the only practical way to get data from supportworks and it's a bad habit I'm finding it hard to break.

I am cautious running queries here, however, if I run a query that might be overly resource intensive is there a timeout or manual abort that I can use to kill the query.

• 3 months later...
On 12/4/2018 at 12:52 PM, davidrb84 said:

if I run a query that might be overly resource intensive is there a timeout or manual abort that I can use to kill the query

@davidrb84 any query ran using the database direct has a 30sec timeout for the exact reason of preventing to much strain on the data services... You don't need to worry about "killing" any thread ... if any action needs to be taken, our infrastructure team will do it... obviously without disrupting the overall service.

• Victor changed the title to Database direct timeout/abort
On 3/19/2019 at 11:20 AM, Victor said:

@davidrb84 any query ran using the database direct has a 30sec timeout for the exact reason of preventing to much strain on the data services... You don't need to worry about "killing" any thread ... if any action needs to be taken, our infrastructure team will do it... obviously without disrupting the overall service.

Thanks @Victor the 30 second timeout is exactly what I was look for, thankyou.