Outlook add-in for Hornibill

Giuseppe Iannacone

@Giuseppe Iannacone @samwoo it might be a bit far fetched but I also have the problem and here is what we are considering: setting up an rule so that every time an email reaches the support mailbox, an automatic response gets fired with a nice and simple text redirecting user to the portal.

We have not yet implemented this but we are strongly considering it for the new year :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lyonel said:

@Giuseppe Iannacone @samwoo it might be a bit far fetched but I also have the problem and here is what we are considering: setting up an rule so that every time an email reaches the support mailbox, an automatic response gets fired with a nice and simple text redirecting user to the portal.

We have not yet implemented this but we are strongly considering it for the new year :)

@Lyonel thank you for sharing your idea, at the first sight it looks to be reasonable, but I fear this will sound to the final user as a way to "keep the distance" from their request, which I would avoid. Given them an alternative and easy method to open the portal seems to work better to me.
For example we have done a group policy to place a brand new icon on each user's desktop to simplify the access...
the idea is keep-it-simple...
we have opened today the Service portal to our internal user and the very first feedback has arrived (before it was available only to see the request status not for raising requests or bulletins and so on)
Hopefully people will be encouraged to use the portal once we will be able to raise the service level for the request opened from the portal.

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone

At the moment, it is most likely something we are not going to provide at the moment.  We will keep this forum post active and see if anyone else would be interested.  This is something that could possibly be done by someone using some VBA custom ribbon button configuration and delivered using Group policies.  

Regards,

James

• 4 months later...