JIRA iBridge - Create Issue operation

I am at long last got some more time to try sort out integration with on on premise JIRA installation, which @TrevorKillick add the option for on premise as well as cloud based.

I ma having difficulty in getting the Create Issue operation, one in terms of having an example to follow, but more importantly where to look in order to debug the operation.

image.png.e3222428d806a341cc6e85980f68bae4.png

I have tried setting the Continue on Error to both Yes and No, but still get no feedback on the process either in the UI/timeline or in the log files.

I looked in the Server Log but do not seem to be able to locate the call or any error information.

Any ideas or pointers?

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton

So I just had a look at your logs and the Operation is not being fired, in the logs should be a reference to iBridgeInvoke but nothing is showing so it looks like an issue with your Business Process flow. 

Any errors with this operation once triggered should be logged in the Server Service Log file. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

@TrevorKillick

Something odd is happening. I have triple checked the Service configuration and the BPM. To be sure it is running my test BPM I have inserted a pre and post timeline update node around the integration node.

image.png.4b2a03018ad39b822473db6b8b510a34.png

I can see them pre and post timeline updates but no error is given for the iBridge step.

image.png.94579e831359014a10920f6edb4e45c9.png

Check log file and not reference to  iBridgeInvoke, it is like the node is just being skipped.

As we are problem the only ones who are trying to use the JIRA on premise option if there is something not quite right with the integration class?

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton

I left some debugging in the integration so if you change the result reference of the integration node to jira:

Screenshot 2018-11-29 at 11.15.34.png

Then in the subsequent update timeline node add the following to the update text: 

Jira HTTP Response: &[global["jira"]["httpResult"]]

Then let me know what gets posted to the timeline?

Kind Regards
Trevor Killick

@Martyn Houghton

Sorry for the late reply, I did some debugging and found the invocation of these operations are not actually logged in the server log which is really unhelpful. I have posted internally to see if there is any further debugging that can be added to aid in these situations.

I will update with any developments. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

@Martyn Houghton

This is an excerpt of code from the create issue operation. 

http.setOptions( { "basicAuthUser": credentials.username, "basicAuthPassword": credentials.password , "authType": "basic" } );
// HTTP Post to JIRA
var httpResult = http.post(credentials.endpoint +"/rest/api/latest/issue/",data,{"Content-Type":"application/json"});

The endpoint should be the full path to the Jira Instance, we add on /rest/api assuming that's correct. 

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

@Martyn Houghton

The Integration will connect on whichever transport prefix is set it can be HTTP or HTTPS. Out of interest as its HTTPS does it have a valid SSL cert or is it self-signed, I ask as there is an option to disable SSL checks for self-signed certs which may be applicable in this case.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Just an update on this issue, with the help of @TrevorKillick development/test harness we where able to track down the issue to being the project value being presented.

Unlike the other values that require the numeric ID value the project value need to be the textual project prefix key.

Hopefully this will help others who come to implement this latter.

Cheers

Martyn