Who is online?

Gemma Morrison

@Gemma Morrison

We use a SQL widget on our dashboard to display the 'Status' of certain teams members, i.e. Available, DND, Lunch etc, but I do not think the online/active information is held in the databse, so you cannot use this method to get the latter information.

In the admin tool you can view whether a user is online or not, but you cannot see there status nor filter by organisation/team. Both of which would be useful.

image.thumb.png.4925b88124864ba2157ed07139ca341a.png

At the moment the only place to view both the information is on the 'Assign' action on the request and select the team there.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Gemma Morrison,

In Co-Workers menu (Main Menu > Home > Co-Workers), you can see a user's Online status as well as their Availability status.

Online statuses include:

• Inactive
  • Mobile

Availability statuses include:

• Available
  • At Lunch
  • Training
  • On Holiday
  • In a Meeting
  • Out of the Office
  • Do not Disturb
  • Busy

In the example below, Ehsan is "Online" (i.e. Active) but has availability status of "Do not Disturb".

image.png

There are a couple of filter options in Co-Workers view but you can't filter by status at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Ehsan

@Gemma Morrison

The basic SQL we use in the custom SQL widget is below. We insert specific team member names, but you could expand the SQL with joins so you could query by team.

select h_user_id as Name, h_avail_status as Status, h_avail_status_msg as Notes from h_sys_accounts where h_user_id in ('john.smith','jane.smith')

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton Ideally we would avoid recommending a SQL to report on this information when there is a view available in Hornbill to retrieve this information.

Yes that would certainly be ideal, as well as the option to also filter on status. I will share this feedback with the team.

@Ehsan

We display the widget on large dashboard screens in out two service desk locations, so that our 1st Team can see who is available at a glance in the team.

Having the ability to filter by team easily in the CoWorker screen would make it a bit easier. Perhaps add it as a widget that can be set on the new home page?

Cheers

Martyn

On 11/21/2018 at 11:37 AM, Ehsan said:

@Martyn Houghton Ideally we would avoid recommending a SQL to report on this information when there is a view available in Hornbill to retrieve this information.

Yes that would certainly be ideal, as well as the option to also filter on status. I will share this feedback with the team.

+1

If we (being @Gemma Morrison and I) could get a filter based on the team, or even their line manager, it would be very useful. At the moment it's a lot of 'whose on DND' conversations across the floor!

@lokent @Martyn Houghton - We had a look; the Filter option in Co-Workers view filters the users list by first name, last name, team name or site name. So if you type in a team name in the filter box, the list will be filtered to only show users that are associated to the search term.