Service Manager Update 1383 - Analysts unable to search

Ann-MarieHolloway

Updated by admin On 19-11-2018 16:53:49

Release Date: 13-11-2018 14:37:35 (Build: 1383)

I updated Service Manager to version 1383 on 19/11/18 and today analysts are reporting they are unable to search for tickets.

When a ticket number is entered, it brings back a 0 results page, however when I search for a ticket I am able to access the call.  Is there a known error with this function since the update, or simply a role I need to allocate analysts?

Many Thanks

Ann-Marie

@Ann-MarieJones can I ask you something please: can you perform this search where you get results. Make a note of the exact time when the search was performed. Then ask an analyst (who does not get results back) to perform the same search. Again, make a note of the exact time the search was performed. Then give me these times so I can trace the search action in the logs and see if there is any indication of why this happens...

@Ann-MarieJones no updates yet, I have asked our dev team to confirm some changes and fixes... Because it was a long time between the SM updates in your instance it might be that case the functionality changed (fixed) in many places which is why it appears now that is "not working". I'll come back here once I hear back from dev team...

• 2 weeks later...

@Ann-MarieJones - apologies for the late reply... Updating to latest build would have not resolved this. Firstly, the update only fixed a specific issue in the business process, second, there is platform-application investigation carried out by dev team to see how we can sort this out. It is still being investigated. I am really sorry for the troubles this causes...

1 minute ago, Ann-MarieJones said:

is it worth us rolling back and installing each update incrementally?

Er...no. Hornbill platform and its applications (Service Manager is an application) do not work like this... there is no concept of "roll back" and no concept of "incremental update"...

From what I can see now, only the Knowledge Centre searching is affected, searching for requests using Global Search should work fine...