HELP! adding a Service desk user to the group

Guest Daniel DALEY

Guest Daniel DALEY

We are using user support as a group, but in removing one old analyst, I have lost the ability to add another to the list.

Please advise how to amend the group to include new users, I have copied another users groups so I cannot see what is missing.

Thanks.

Guest Daniel DALEY

The new analyst I have created will not appear in the IT user support group we have even though, he has the same access as everyone else.

Not sure what else you need, as I have never had any support from hornbill or training on this. Yet i'm expected to give full details in a forum..

Guest Daniel DALEY

please delete the screenshots when you have finished with them. I would appreciate a swift reply as I've been waiting to get my account approved since last week.

15 minutes ago, Daniel DALEY said:

The new analyst I have created will not appear in the IT user support group we have

The analyst will not appear in any group because it was not yet associated with any organisation. This can be done in 2 ways:

1. From user profile interface go to "Organisations" tab and then click on "Add" button:

image.png

This will open the "Add to Organisation" popup. In the "Search" box you can type in to search for the group or team that you want to associate the user with:

image.png

Once you found the group you want, click on the group to select it then click on "Save button.

image.png

The user will now be associated to/with the group you selected.

2. From the group profile interface, go to "Assigned Users" tab and then press "Add Users" button:

image.png

This will open the "Search and associate Users" interface.  In the "Search" box you can type in to search for the user that you want to associate the group:

image.png

Once you found the user you want, click on the user to select it then click on "Save button. The user you selected will now be associated to/with the group.

More information about organisations and users can be found on our wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Organisational_Data

16 minutes ago, Daniel DALEY said:

he has the same access as everyone else.

I believe by access you mean the user has the same roles and rights as other users. If two or more users have the same roles and rights does not mean they are part of the same groups (organisational structure). You can find more information about roles and rights on our wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Roles

19 minutes ago, Daniel DALEY said:

I have never had any support from hornbill or training on this. Yet i'm expected to give full details in a forum.

I think it is expected for a forum user to give some details of the issue or query, on some cases just to make sure everyone else has the same understanding of it otherwise, we or our community, won't be able to provide assistance or might provide incorrect advice. Also, I do apologise but I think there is a misunderstanding here: forums are not intended for user training, for this, we have the Hornbill "Trained for Life" guarantee. To find out more what it means please read about it on our wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Hornbill_Webinars. I kindly advise enlisting for this especially as you mentioned that you did not have any training in using the system.

22 minutes ago, Daniel DALEY said:

I would appreciate a swift reply

We and our community try and answer any queries on forums and you will find that a speedy response is usually provided. However, as this is a community forum there is no formal guarantee of any timeframe for a reply. 

Guest Daniel DALEY
32 minutes ago, Victor said:

The analyst will not appear in any group because it was not yet associated with any organisation. This can be done in 2 ways:

1. From user profile interface go to "Organisations" tab and then click on "Add" button:

image.png

This will open the "Add to Organisation" popup. In the "Search" box you can type in to search for the group or team that you want to associate the user with:

image.png

Once you found the group you want, click on the group to select it then click on "Save button.

image.png

2. From the group profile interface, go to "Assigned Users" tab and then press "Add Users" button:

image.png

This will open the "Search and associate Users" interface.  In the "Search" box you can type in to search for the user that you want to associate the group:

image.png

Once you found the user you want, click on the user to select it then click on "Save button. The user you selected will now be associated to/with the group.

More information about organisations and users can be found on our wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Organisational_Data

I believe by access you mean the user has the same roles and rights as other users. If two or more users have the same roles and rights does not mean they are part of the same groups (organisational structure). You can find more information about roles and rights on our wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Roles

I think it is expected for a forum user to give some details of the issue or query, on some cases just to make sure everyone else has the same understanding of it otherwise, we or our community, won't be able to provide assistance or might provide incorrect advice. Also, I do apologise but I think there is a misunderstanding here: forums are not intended for user training, for this, we have the Hornbill "Trained for Life" guarantee. To find out more what it means please read about it on our wiki here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Hornbill_Webinars. I kindly advise enlisting for this especially as you mentioned that you did not have any training in using the system.

32 minutes ago, Victor said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

We and our community try and answer any queries on forums and you will find that a speedy response is usually provided. However, as this is a community forum there is no formal guarantee of any timeframe for a reply. 

Guest Daniel DALEY

I sent a screenshot, of the user associated with the organisation.. this doesn't answer my query as he still is not appearing in that list after association.

4.JPG

Guest Daniel DALEY

the user is listed and associated with those groups, able to login and view calls, but you cannot assign to the user in the drop down list as they do not appear.

Just now, Daniel DALEY said:

the user is listed and associated with those groups, able to login and view calls, but you cannot assign to the user in the drop down list as they do not appear.

Ah, I understand now what you mean... you need to enable assignment for new users. This is done in Service Manager configuration:

image.png