Authoriser Query

SJEaton

Hi

When selecting an authoriser in an authorisation node, can you select a variable that gets an email address entered in a ProCap question and it use that to send the authorisation email?

or

Could the customer search/select a user who is the person who is to be the authoriser?

We have processes where the relevant Head of Service is required to be the authoriser and I'm trying to ascertain the best way of configuring this so we capture who the Head of Service is as this will be different depending on the customer but we want to use Hornbill Authorisation so they get the emails with the Approve/Reject buttons.

Sam 

Hi @SJEaton it isn't possible to inject an email address into the approval variable node i am afraid. 

If i understand the requirement correctly, you want to use the voting buttons which are linked to the approval node? but the approver can differ depending on who the customer is, and i suspect the head of service is not going to be marked as the customer's manager on their profile?

If this is the case, have you considered using the Collaboration > Application > Utility > Get Authorisers By Role

image.png

You will need to follow this by the Auto Assign Authorisation but this will allow the user with the specific role to receive the email with the voting buttons. 

What i was thinking was to hold a Service Owner flag in the customer attribute fields, then in the business process, do a get customer details node, and then a decision node - off the decision node branch to different Get Authorisers by Role nodes each with a different role specified.

You would need to have a number of these nodes to reflect the different number of service owners you have (so this may or not be applicable depending on the number).

You would need to create the roles - say Head of Service 1, Head of Service 2 etc and then assign the relevant role to the actual heads of Service.   

A little more on this can be found in this forum post.

Another decision point could be asking the customer in PC to pick the Head of Service from a list, and then branch on the options in the BPM and go to a different Get Approvers by Role based on the choice they make (again only really works if the list isn't massive)

Hope that helps

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Steven Boardman, sadly your suggestions won't work as the list of HoS is too long.  Is there not a way of getting the customer to search/pick from a list of all customers/coworkers in Hornbill from the PC?  I've tried a few options for this that looked promising, using the Customer and Coworker search nodes but nothing seems to happen so I'm assuming these don't do as they suggest??

I know this can be done where the Request Owner selects the authoriser  but I'm trying to make it as automated as possible to avoid another task for the Request Owner to do. 

Sam

@SJEaton the customer / co-worker search forms in progressive capture are not shown on the service or customer portal, only in the user app to allow agents to add the customer they are speaking too, or raising on behalf of via email.  On the portals it is assumed the logged in customer is the customer. 

We don't have an option for selecting a user to be added as an approver - i'll raise this and see if it is do-able and will post back

@SJEaton we've created the story for this, in effect it would be an additional data query on custom forms in progressive capture, like sites and assets.  This would allow the selection of a user and then one use of the chosen user would be as a variable in an approval node. 

As this is scheduled and becomes lined up for development we will post back here 

Hi @SJEaton

You can use the customer but you need to inject the customer id rather than the customer variable.  You can get the customer ID by using the Get Req info > Customer Details node ahead of the authorisation node and then customer id is a selectable variable.

image.png

The most important thing to remember here is that only users who are platform / collaboration subscribers not basic users can be assigned tasks / approvals.  So if the users making the requests are basic users then the business process will fail, if the users who are able to raise requests of this type are platform / collaboration subscribers (not full Service Manager subscribers then this will be fine. 

Just being curious but what scenario are you using the customer approvals for :) 

Steve

Hi @Steven Boardman

Thanks I'll try that.  The scenario is that we have requests come in from a new starter and then what we want to do is change the customer to the Recruiting Manager and then send them an authorisation to review and approve what the new starter has sent.  The aim is that we will be giving all managers collaboration licenses to be approvers so this should work ok in principal.  We have a way to go with developing this yet but I'm configuring the workflows in preparation.

Sam 

• 4 months later...

As of Service Manager build 1439 we released a new option for providing a customer picker on the custom progressive capture forms.  When building your custom Progressive Capture form and adding a field, you can select the Dynamic drop down select box which gives you the option to select Data Query as the Provider Type.  Once this is selected, a few different queries are listed.  The customer searches can be broken down to All Users, just Co-workers (Application Users) or just Basic users.  

image.png

Hope this helps.

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @James Ainsworth or @Steven Boardman

Ok so I have now used the dynamic drop down to capture a user, and I then want this user to be the authoriser for a task.  I thought it would be as simple as making the dynamic drop down field a customer field and then entering it in as the authoriser as a variable in the authorisation node as attached but this is throwing up an error. Can you assist?

Sam

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Hi @SJEaton hope you enjoyed INSIGHTS19

I have this working in the way i think you want, but may have gone about it a slightly different way.

Approval config - see bottom of three approvers

image.png

Results in:

image.png

So a few things here:

1. On your progressive capture form - user picker i am using the Search Co-Workers option - as a task can only be assigned to someone with a collaboration subscription, so not a basic user

image.png

2. In my business process, i have a Get Request Info > Progressive Capture node ahead of my approval node

3. In my approval node when using the variable selector i am looking up the progressive capture answer directly (not putting this into a custom field first) and i am overwriting with the Raw Value - as this is the users id, which the approval node will be expecting rather than their display name which won't work.  

image.png

Let me know if this helps?

Steve

Hi @Steven Boardman

Yes INSIGHTS19 was great! 

Yay! This has worked.

I had used the Search CoWorkers user picker so I was doing something right but thought just the custom field would've sufficed.  Looking up the progressive capture capture and overwriting with the Raw data worked a treat, thank you!

Phew, I've been trying to get something like this working for months so this is so good :) :) 

Sam

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I stumbled across this topic and have a question regarding data query search for contacts. We have this in some processes and even with the custom fields, or direct link to the questions, are unable to use the data query field answer to generate as an external email address in the email nodes. Is there a way to do this? 

In the Procap 

image.png.08a352b29bd4fdfb679e371f14018f2f.png

In the BPM

image.png.139ba445bd3a82110f0a3b6e22d6b69c.png

Thanks, 

Foley 

3 hours ago, Foley Coker said:

Hello All,

I stumbled across this topic and have a question regarding data query search for contacts. We have this in some processes and even with the custom fields, or direct link to the questions, are unable to use the data query field answer to generate as an external email address in the email nodes. Is there a way to do this? 

In the Procap 

image.png.08a352b29bd4fdfb679e371f14018f2f.png

In the BPM

image.png.139ba445bd3a82110f0a3b6e22d6b69c.png

Thanks, 

Foley 

Just to confirm this is in order to eliminate having to do the below. 

image.png.18d22b4d8304ec143960b4af32ae8e29.png

• 2 weeks later...

@Foley Coker thanks for the post. 

Looking at this, the email External Address option is not expecting a variable value, so this won't work i am afraid.

What you could try (and it is a little bit more involved)

1. Use your user picker in progressive capture

2. Usr the business process option to add this user as a connection to the request, as a specific connection type - This option allows you to specify a connection (co-worker or contact) as a Variable so this means you can use the RAW value from your progressive capture answer in this field when you are configuring it. 

image.png

Once you have the user associated to the request as a connection, you could then use the Email connection option, and send your email and choose to email the connections of a specific type (i.e the connection type which you have added above).

image.png

Hope that helps

Steve

@Foley Coker the other option here, is if the users are internal users you could simply use the Email Co-Worker option in the business process, and inject the RAW value from your user picker in progressive capture into the co-worker(from variable) field, which would then auto look up their email and send it to that email address. 

image.png