Un Set Stage Checkpoints

Jeremy

Can there be an alternative node so that you can un-set or un-check a stage checkpoint, for example, based on the outcome of a task a checkpoint could be set to false to remove the 'tick' this would then allow re-opened job and processes which are circular in the nature better able to be recognised?

Hi @Jeremy i have perhaps missed the point on this but i believe this is already possible.

If you use a Set Stage Checkpoint node after your task outcome, and set the checkpoint to False this will untick the checkpoint in the Head's Up Display, thus allowing you to go through process circular flows in a process stage and have the checkpoints tick and or untick depending on the direction of flow / task outcomes etc

As with all Process Logic you can only do this in the current stage.

image.png

Hope that helps

Steve

@Jeremy it is by design within the designer engine - processes can move forward through stages but not back to previous stages.  If you have needs to circle back from a more advanced point in a process, all of these possible loops would need to be contained within a process stage.   Once a stage is complete / exited from it can't be returned too in the process life cycle i'm afraid. 

Steve