Request total on-hold time

Joyce

Hi,

Does Request.Total.Onhold.Time field on table h_itsm_requests contain the total seconds that a request has been placed on Hold?

If so, why are some of our request which has been placed on hold, have no value on this field?

If it isn't is there another field which record the total duration a ticket has been on hold so far?

image.png.ed45110f70c732086e3460f0a9631b7e.png

All the above ticket have been resolved, so i was expecting to see values on total onhold time.

Thanks.

Regards,

Joyce

25 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Does Request.Total.Onhold.Time field on table h_itsm_requests contain the total seconds that a request has been placed on Hold?

Yes.

why are some of our request which has been placed on hold, have no value on this field?

Because this field gets populated when the request is taken off hold. When the request is taken off hold Hornbill will calculate for how long the request was on hold and update this field.

All the above ticket have been resolved

Were they resolved while on hold?

22 minutes ago, Joyce said:

they get resolved automatically by completing the last task. This could be done while onhold.

So will this be the reason why the field is not populated?

Ermm... could be...  if you say they get resolved automatically, I assume is the business process that does it... can you PM me a copy of the process definition file so I can have a look, please?

@Joyce - I have reviewed the process and I think I know why the information is missing. As I mentioned above, it appears the business process resolved those requests while they were on hold. Therefore the on hold time was not calculated. I suggest the following: in your business process, before resolving the request, add a node to take the request off hold. This node will ensure the on hold time is calculated if the request was on hold.

image.png

• Victor changed the title to Request total on-hold time

@Victor 

Thank you for this. 

Our Hornbill Support analyst will not like me, when I have to ask for the changes on the BPMs.

Is there any other way of getting the total Onhold ( maybe a back end code on resolution node to take ticket offhold during resolution)? we have a lot of BPM which closed automatically.

Regards,

Joyce

Guest Paul Alexander

@Victor Dayum right he won't like it! We have around 200 BPM's which MAY autocomplete after the last Activity is completed, this really isn't going to happen! 

As @Joyce suggested, could there be a change so that the Request.Total.Onhold.Time field is updated on ticket resolution? Or, one to prevent activities being completed if the parent ticket is on hold? 

Oh I hope the answer is 'yes' to one of these questions ;)

@Paul Alexander @Joyce

1 hour ago, Paul Alexander said:

could there be a change so that the Request.Total.Onhold.Time field is updated on ticket resolution? Or, one to prevent activities being completed if the parent ticket is on hold?

I personally don't see why any of these would not be possible... The real question is: will it be done? and the more important one: when? ... but this is something @Steven Boardman and/or @James Ainsworth can advise on...  and possibly contradict me saying is not actually possible...

Regarding the BP owner and changing all the BPs...  when I am facing such scenarios, like resistance, I always use this:

Image result for perhaps you think you are being treated unfairly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @James Ainsworth ,

I would like to officially request for a change, to calculate 'Request.Total.Onhold.Time'  for a ticket even if it was closed while still onhold.

As we have more than 200 BPM which close tickets automatically,  we should rather not spend time changing all these BPMs.

Please advise if this is possible, and the time scale for this change to be implemented.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Joyce

Hi @Joyce

The change proposal for this has already been submitted.  I just needed a bit more info on sub-statuses.  There may be some complication for customers that use request sub-statuses in conjunction with a setting like this.  The change is still being planned and not yet scheduled. I can't provide a timescale as of yet as it needs to go through our planning procedures.  Once ready, the change enters a "90 Day" delivery window.  This does not always equate to a change taking this long. If the requirement is straight forward to implement and has no impacts it will often move a little faster.

I'll update the post once it has progressed.

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...

@Joyce and @Paul Alexander

We have completed some development work which will automatically take a request off hold at the point that a request is resolved.  Once this update is applied there will not be any action or setting required for this to work. This looks like it will be ready to be available in one of the next Service Manager updates.  Keep an eye open on the release notes.  I'll provide a final confirmation once it is available.

Regards,

James