Hornbill SSO - Pin and Windows Hello?

Josh Bridgens

Hi All,

We are having issues with users using Pin's to log onto their machines, then when they access our Self Service, they are greeted with an AD Federation Services Error,

I cant remember ever seeing so but does Hornbill work with Microsoft Hello and their Pin?

Any Info would be appreciated.

Josh

@Josh Bridgens - Hornbill works with any identity provider which supports SAML 2.0 protocol. Keeping in mind that when using SSO, user authentication is done by the identity provider (ADFS I assume, in your case), if there is an issue then is most likely is something not working right with Hello - ADFS communication...

• 2 months later...

Hi @Victor-

We have done some work on our ADFS Server to enable the Windows Hello and PIN to work with Hornbill,

Our System Engineers have asked if there is a Test Environment within Hornbill to see if this works before we swap the live instance over to the new SSO Profile?

Is this something that can be facilitated for a short amount of time for testing?

Alternatively, does Hornbill work with Multiple SSO profiles so we can create a duplicate and see if the PIN and Hello users have the issues after adding the new profile?

Josh

1 hour ago, Josh Bridgens said:

Our System Engineers have asked if there is a Test Environment within Hornbill

I'm afraid there isn't...

1 hour ago, Josh Bridgens said:

does Hornbill work with Multiple SSO profiles so we can create a duplicate and see if the PIN and Hello users have the issues after adding the new profile?

Yes, it does. You can create as many profiles as you like which you can activate or deactivate as you see fit... So, you can create the duplicate and test it when is convenient for you...