Edit "Questions" section of a request

Tina.Lapere

Hi,

I've just gone to amend some call details for a call a customer has logged via a form we've manually setup on the portal but I'm unable to edit the details.  I can if it's the generic Summary and Description form that's been used to capture the details but I can't for another others where we've designed our own form.

This is an issue for the internal form I've created as I need to be able to fill out the details should they have missed them off or not known them at the time.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks

Tina

Sorry just realised its the Questions section I'm looking/talking about. I'm guessing these are not editable?

Would the only way to edit these be to put them into fields under details?

Can the 'Questions' area be added onto reports?  As I may need to be able to pull a report off showing these in the future?

Thanks

Hi Tina,

That is correct that the questions section can't be edited.  The idea is that this gives the view of the answers that were originally provided.

You are able to map the questions/answers to other fields held in the Details section such as the custom fields.  This can be useful when the information you are capturing is likely to change.  There is some documentation here that describes how to do this.  Let us know if you have any questions about this set up.

Depending on how you are building a report, the questions should be accessible in a table called h_itsm_questions.  Here is an example of what you may be able to pull out in a report...

image.png

I hope this helps,

Regards,

James

• Victor changed the title to Edit "Questions" section of a request
  • 1 year later...

I'm pleased to let you know that as part of the Service Manager update 1944 and newer, there is now an option to edit answers within the Question Section of a request.  This is limited to single and multi-line text fields in order to limit the impact on BPM workflows which may be affected by changing other fields.  The same user role (Service Manager Delete Questions) has this right to edit included in the role.  We have also added this right to the Service Desk Admin role.

image.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James