Board Manager unable to update - Build 98

Ann-MarieHolloway

I have attempted to update Board Manager in Service Manager to the latest Build 98, however I received the message "Error Unable to get application context: com.hornbill.boardmanager (see image below)

image.png.1f716a8b2c2a34d06fddf57eac4f2a46.png

I have not yet installed Build 94 (10/08/18), Build 96 (30/08/18) so I'm wondering if I have missed an important update.

Is it possible to have access to an older build, so I can install these in order?

The same thing happens with Hornbill Document Manager - Build 321, which makes me relucant to install the update for Service Manager to Build 1364

Many Thanks

Ann-Marie

Hi @Ann-MarieJones

Thanks for your post.  We are currently investigating your issue.  I would hold off attempting any further updates until we have had a chance to see why you are getting this error.

Just to mention, there isn't anything to worry about when it comes to previous updates.  That aspect is taken care of for and you only need to worry about applying the latest update to any app which will also include any other update that had not yet been applied.

Regards,

James

• Victor changed the title to Board Manager unable to update - Build 98
34 minutes ago, Ann-MarieJones said:

I have not yet installed Build 94 (10/08/18), Build 96 (30/08/18) so I'm wondering if I have missed an important update.

Is it possible to have access to an older build, so I can install these in order?

There is no need for this. Every build deployed contains all the functionality deployed in all previous builds. It is sufficient to update to the latest build and it is in concordance with our continuous deployment approach.

Please perform the update for Board Manager and Document Manager apps using the admin the account instead of your regular user account. The error should not occur when using the admin account and it should perform the update successfully. Going forward you should be able to perform any future updates using your regular account.

As a side note I wanted to clarify this:

43 minutes ago, Ann-MarieJones said:

I have attempted to update Board Manager in Service Manager

Board Manager and Service Manager are Hornbill applications. They "sit on the same level" and they are independent, Hornbill applications are not contained with each other. Think of this as of apps that can be installed on a smartphone. They are for all intent and purposes independent, standalone apps that can work together and integrate with each other. But they do not belong to each other. I wanted to clarify this because I noticed a trend in assuming Service Manager is the product that is the base for everything else offered by the Hornbill platform when in fact Service Manager is just an application working on a very capable and powerful Hornbill Platform.

On 10/30/2018 at 4:28 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Ann-MarieJones

It is possible that this is simply to do with rights.  Can you confirm if you are logged in as Admin when you were applying these updates?  We may also need a screen shot of the roles that you currently have assigned to the user that you are trying to run the updates with.

Regards,

James

That would explain why I could carry out the update on our 2nd instance as admin

On 10/30/2018 at 4:33 PM, Victor said:

As a side note I wanted to clarify this:

Board Manager and Service Manager are Hornbill applications. They "sit on the same level" and they are independent, Hornbill applications are not contained with each other. Think of this as of apps that can be installed on a smartphone. They are for all intent and purposes independent, standalone apps that can work together and integrate with each other. But they do not belong to each other. I wanted to clarify this because I noticed a trend in assuming Service Manager is the product that is the base for everything else offered by the Hornbill platform when in fact Service Manager is just an application working on a very capable and powerful Hornbill Platform.

Thank you Victor, unfortunately our admin account has been locked out.  Could someone please unlock it?  I can then run the updates.