Escalation events seem to be firing at the wrong time.....

RobW

Hiya, was asked to set up some escalation events to send an e-mail to a request owner's manager for 1 day and then 1,2,3 and 4 weeks after a request has missed its SLA (had to set them in days as don't get the option of weeks) so set them up as per the screenshot. Set up a single e-mail template for these events as was originally asked to keep it simple and then set up a separate escalation event 1, 7, 14, 21 and 28 days after with the action sending a reminder from the usual IT service desk mailbox to the owner's manager using the e-mail template (can see a bit of it in the screenshot below)

Couldn't work out a way of testing them but finally had a couple of requests fail their SLA only to find that every escalation event would fire at the same time - as had originally kept it simple and used one e-mail template I wasn't sure if it was one alert firing five times (and if so, which one) or the 1, 7, 14, 21 and 28 day alerts all firing incorrectly at the same time. Created a separate e-mail templates for each alert and have just had another request fail its SLA and checked the escalation alert e-mails  and each alert (i.e the 1, 7, 14, 21 and 28 day escalation) has fired one day after the request failed.

Any ideas on what I've done wrong as it seems so straightforward! Thanks.......

904088663_failedslaescalationalerts.JPG.a0737122f6fe1a4ec8b3b618f016ef22.JPG

Hi @RobW

Thanks for the post.  You have configured it as I would expect so nothing obviously wrong there. 

Just to try to dig a little deeper, in these examples, was the SL changed at any point on the request?  Additionally did the request spend time on hold for a significant period? 

Kind Regards,

Dave.

@RobW @chrisnutt - to be honest, I am not 100% sure if configuring escalation timers follow the same rules for configuring generic timers in Hornbill. But I think they do.

We have created a guide on how to configure timers in Hornbill (link below). If you haven't already, I would suggest applying the guide when setting up the escalation targets and test again. 

• Like 1