Created Change managment process on service portal

Akash Savani

I was wondering if you can point me in the right direction, I have created a self-portal for the change management process, but when I log a call using the self-portal it does not give me the option to select any of the standard, emergency, major or minor it skips this part, any suggestions how I can fix this issue?

When I log a call using service manager it gives me the option to select change type but when using the service portal this option does not come up.

Capture.PNG.4eb47121fbbdc485b8ea8a5b5bd5897b.PNG

Hi @Akash Savani

Thanks for your post.  

There are some progressive capture forms that have been hard set so that they are only visible to members of the service desk and not to customers.  It is possible that this form follows this.  I will have someone take a look to see if this falls into this category.  I don't see a particular reason that this could not be available for a customer. 

I'll let you know once I've had some feedback.

Regards,

James

Hi @Akash Savani

So, just to confirm that this is the case with this particular Progressive Capture form.  When it was first requested to have this, the requirement was to only show this to the Service Desk staff and not the customer.  We are investigating the possibility of creating a change which would include an option when viewing this form in the designer that would allow you to select if the form will be visible to customers, service desk, or both.  If the change is raised it will still need to be scheduled with development so it may be a while before this is available.  In the mean time a Custom Progressive Capture form may be used to get the initial assessment from the customer that is raising the change and then the change team could set the Change Type accordingly.

Regards,

James