Assets - dealing with ex-assets

Claire Holtham

Hullo,

We've a number of mfd's that are no longer in service, and I've been asked to delete them, because they clutter up the Asset management screens, and there is no way of filtering on archived / current assets (that I can see).

Firstly do you recommend deleting assets against which tickets may have been raised (or will it corrupt the tickets).

Secondly, are there improvements to filtering, selecting  and sorting Assets in the pipeline?

cheers

Claire

(I have not had a great deal to do with Assets up to this point, so if I'm missing something do tell me the obvious :-))

Hi @Claire Holtham

I was just discussing today with a colleague about more filtering options for Assets.  I'm assuming that you are referring to the Assets List.  We are planing on having similar features to what you see on the Request List where you can define Views along with some of the other features available on the Request List toolbar.  This isn't scheduled yet, but hopefully some additions to the Assets should start to work their way through the backlog. 

You can't currently delete an asset if it is linked to a request.  If you try, you will be presented with a message saying this.  From the asset form you can remove the links to the requests to allow you to delete the asset.  

image.png

I'll link the post and add you to the change that we have for the adding of filters to the assets list.  I'll update this post once this is scheduled.

Regards,

James

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Gemma Morrison said:

could we not archive them instead?

@lokent @Gemma Morrison

There is already a field where you can specify if the asset is archived. 

image.png

You may need to turn on the visibility in the Asset Type configuration if this is not visible

image.png

Now, it may be possible that despite setting this to being archived, it may still be returned in some lists or searches.  I will try to see if this does occur, however if you do come across an area where you don't want archived assets listed, do let us know.

Regards,

James

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2018 at 7:50 AM, Claire Holtham said:

Secondly, are there improvements to filtering, selecting  and sorting Assets in the pipeline?

In response to this question above, as part of the Service Manager update build 1944 (and newer) we have added additional options in the Asset tool bar:

Views
Based on each Asset Class you can now define and save unique Views to display assets that meet defined criteria. Select the columns to display for each View that you create.

Home Button
Once you have your Views defined, you can apply one of these Views to your Home Button to make sure that each time you view your Assets, you are presented with the information that is most important to you.

Advanced Filter
Looking for something specific? The Advanced Filter lets you search on the details of any asset.

image.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James