Date & Time Control

Alisha

Hello,

I am mapping the Date & Time Control from a progressive capture to an email template using a custom field. When the email is received, the format appears like this:

Date and time of incident: 2018-10-23T23:00:00.000Z

Is there a nicer way of displaying the date and time?

Many thanks,
Alisha

@Alisha when you are mapping the date / time progressive capture question if you map this answer to one of the request custom fields which are date / time fields i.e custom fields 21-25 they will appear formatted when passed out to the email template, if they are mapped to the standard custom fields which are varchar type fields then they are not recognised as a date / time value and the presentation is different - see contrast below.

I have injected the same date / time value from the progressive capture custom question into a date / time custom field and a varchar custom field and passed the two into an email as request variables. 

image.png

Hope that helps

Steve

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Steven Boardman

I realise this is an old thread, but is there a way of getting JUST the DATE returned from a custom field into an email template please? 

At the moment we're using custom_22 to hold the data, but when we use this info in an email, it's returning the date-time (07-04-2019 01:00) where we only need the date part of that field.

any ideas please?

thanks

HI Paul

One option is to use the Utility option in the iBridge - this is a free to use utility but it allows you to take a date / time format and convert it into another format

So if you are passing the value from say a progressive capture answer / task custom question or simply picking up the value manually added to the custom field you can at the appropriate point in your business process (before the email template is sent), use the Utility option to convert the date / time into simply a date value. 

image.png

This is documented here on the wiki:

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Utilities_Integration_Bridge

With a specific config example below, where the Date field is the date / time you want to convert, the input and output hopefully make sense and you then take the Output response value any update your custom field with a request > update request > custom field node, which you can then in turn use in your email template

image.png

Hope that helps

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @Steven Boardman

Thanks for this....but I'm still getting the same response even if I use the iBridge. I think my problem here is that I'm using the  h_custom_21 custom field to hold this information (I've run out of custom fields on this request), so I can only get the date-time format back when I'm using the email template.

I think that what you're suggesting with the iBridge will only work if I'm updating a text field with the date data....is that right?

thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi @Steven Boardman,

You touched on something at Insights regarding displaying a date/time field in the user's preferred format by adding additional square brackets around it. Is there a thread which explains this in more detail?

For context we update a summary field based on a date picker field and it's always been a pain as BST is often an hour out from UTC; would this new feature help in any way here?

Thanks,
Tom

• 1 year later...
Guest Paul Alexander
On 4/8/2019 at 9:35 PM, Steven Boardman said:

@Paul Alexander ah, i should have spotted the date / time custom field (sorry). Yes this will only work with the text / varchar type custom fields. I have requested for date only field controls to be able with the date / time types (or just date only fields) but no ETA at this point i'm afraid. 

Hi @Steven Boardman

Is there any news on being able to store JUST the date in the date/time fields please? 

thanks

• 1 year later...

+1 for us - we have a service where we need to report the date out to a 3rd party, and as the date fields included the time we had to change it to a non date field so we could just present the date without the time. This means though that the date in the email is transposed to a US date, and we are unable to use Wiki markup to address this. We really need to be able to output a date with no time stamp please