Making Time Spent Mandatory

Lauren

Hi

We are currently preparing for go-live with Service Manager. We have the following queries:

1) Can the time spent field be mandatory, or a system setting added to ensure that a value larger than 0 has to be provided?

2) Can we have the option to share categories from Timesheet Manager across a service, rather than just user, role or group?

Thanks

Hi Lauren,

On 10/24/2018 at 4:23 AM, Lauren said:

1) Can the time spent field be mandatory, or a system setting added to ensure that a value larger than 0 has to be provided?

I don't believe that any of the time spent fields can be set to mandatory as of yet.  Is there are particular place where you are trying to use this?  The Timesheet Manager plug-in can be enabled in a number of places, so I wanted to make sure we are looking at the right place.

On 10/24/2018 at 4:23 AM, Lauren said:

2) Can we have the option to share categories from Timesheet Manager across a service, rather than just user, role or group?

Timesheet Manager and Service Manager are different apps and the Timesheet Manager doesn't currently have any option to integration its categories with the Services in Service Manager.  

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @James Ainsworth

Thanks for getting back to me - apologies for the delayed response on my behalf.

We are using the plug-in for request updates and resolutions - we really are trying to utilise the resource management functions in Service Manager so having these as mandatory to complete would really benefit us.

I have a couple of further Timesheet Manager queries:

1) We've found that the Timesheet category drop-down (next to where the time is entered) isn't very noticeable - often our analysts miss this and therefore the time isn't added against the relevant record. Is there any way to prompt users to enter this, and stop them from adding updates/resolution, if they've entered a value into the "Hour" field?

2) Can the format be amended from hours to minutes?

Thanks

Lauren

Hi @Lauren,

We can't prevent the timesheet manager from finishing the operation you are performing. What we can do is to make it more noticeable if the category is not selected.

Regarding the format, the control will accept time format too, so you can type 1:30 or 1.5, both will work.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi @Daniel Dekel

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll let users know about the time format.

With regards to the category drop-down - the orange background on the button to select the category just doesn't seem obvious enough (I know this is also a training matter too).

What could be done to make this more obvious?

Thanks

Lauren

• 4 months later...

Hi @James Ainsworth, @Daniel Dekel

We are beginning to utilise TimeSheet Manager more and all staff have a requirement to add their time to requests, activities etc.

If it isn't possible still to make time spent mandatory, please could I request an enhancement to our instance for this. Apologies if this is not the correct place to request this. 

Thanks

Lauren

• 3 months later...

Hi Lauren,

We still have a change in our backlog and we have you already linked to this change.  It's not scheduled for development yet.  This is actually part of the Timesheet Manager app so it may be worth continuing this under that topic within the Community Forum.  

https://community.hornbill.com/forum/134-timesheet-manager/

• 2 years later...

@James Ainsworth Hi James, I think the ability to make time recording mandatory is massively important and from our first chats in our workplace, it was the first requirement out of the box from the Directors. Unless it can be required, people will forget to record time so the data will be wrong and that can massively affect the bottom line; you never have a financial system with optional data capture! I am very surprised it is not already core.

I would like to +1 this and push for it to be possible but your past post on the subject was a long time ago and the link was not to another discussion but to the Timesheet Manager forum itself.

It would be important to have the Mandatory option visible on the Action Bar items. I envisage it being a second highlightable icon in the Service Portfolio where the yellow marks are which is "mandate timesheet":

image.png.aff38a65d892445a663c90fa28f4d0a3.png

It would also be important to have the existing option in the Human Task of "Time spent as mandatory for completion" to use the setting from the Service Portfolio, not to be hard-coded into the human Task itself. Imagine i want one workflow for all my customers but they have different service items; so I want the time recording options for the Human Task to mirror the Service Portfolio settings not to be hard-coded (and thus requiring me to duplicate all my workflows for the customers where we do time recording.

Can you please give a brief update on what's in flight?

@Lauren, @Daniel Dekel, @BobbyB what is the latest requirement at your end?

• Like 1