Category list not resetting to default view

Alisha

Hello,

When Service Desk analysts are logging requests via Live, the category list stays on the category of the previous call rather than resetting to the default view. This means we have to scroll back up to the top and collapse what we don't need and then start drilling down to the category we actually want every time. I know refreshing the browser resets it, but it is time consuming to do that every time. Is there a way around this please?

Many thanks,
Alisha

Hi @Alisha

I am not able to replicate the issue, can i clarify if you are referring to the standard category form in progressive capture?

In my replication steps, i have logged a first call against a sub category as shown below:

IT > Software > SAP ERP

image.png

I click on OK, and start to log a new request, when i get to the Category form again it is back to the configured route of the tree, as i have set up against the service > request type

image.png

Is it possible you have a specific part of the category tree defined against the service / services you are using - you can change this by changing the starting point in the category tree for each request type on each service. 

So in my example, for my Desktop Support Service and the Incident request type i have chosen IT to be the root (starting point in the category tree) for any Incidents logged against it, so it will only show (Hardware, Network, Software) as shown in my example above

image.png

If i want to default back to the start of the category tree, i reset the request category level by clicking on the x next to IT to show 'No Category Selected'

image.png

Now when i log a new ticket i see all the categories (as below), and i do if i an logging multiple tickets, it never seems to stick on a previous ticket category.

image.png

Are you able to provide some replication steps for the issue you are seeing? is this on a specific browser?

Steve

Hi @Steven Boardman,

Yes, I am referring to the standard category form in a progressive capture.

I have taken screenshots to demonstrate what happens.

1. I log a request about an MS Outlook issue. From the same screen I click on 'Raise New' to log the next request.

2. I go through to the category list and at first it looks okay.

3. As soon as I click on Application/Software, it takes me back to MNO, but now I want to log an issue about Adobe Photoshop, for example, so I have to go back and collapse/expand as necessary.

If I don't collapse/expand the category list, the next time I want to log a request, both ABC and MNO are still expanded, and the list gets longer and longer. (Until I refresh the page and the category list resets itself.)

We are using Firefox 45.4.0.

Many thanks,
Alisha

Hornbill1.jpg

Hornbill2.jpg

Hornbill3.jpg

Hi @Alisha

I have tried this on Chrome, Safari and now firefox and can't seem to replicate the issue you are experiencing, using your replication steps.

I have noticed you are using an older version of firefox 45.4.0, it seems they are now on 62.0.3 is it possible to update to the latest build of the browser and see if the issue persists?

image.png

Thanks

Steve

@Alisha i have now tested this on both IE 11 and Edge and i can't re-create the issue on any browser with my data set and progressive capture flows.  I think at this point we should escalate this and get a support request raised so the support team can pick this up.   

Are you ok to raise this as part of your success plan here?

https://www.hornbill.com/support/

Steve