Show customer as a VIP

HGrigsby

Is there a way to flag a user as a VIP or any other special group, such as a pilot group?    In Supportworks we used pop ups for this.  

Is there something we could use in service manager?  

I am sure this has probably been asked for before but I couldn’t find any related posts. 

Thanks  Helen  

Hi @HGrigsby Yes there is

If you use one of the custom fields on the user record you can then display this in both progressive capture and in the customer section of a request.

1. A User who has the rights to design forms can add custom fields via the user app > profile > about view

I have added a single field as a check list but you could use separate fields for each purpose

* I would recommend adding these to the basic details or job details sections 

* Once you have added them you can click on the cog in design mode to show these fields even if they are blank so users can update these yourselves, or you can mark the field as not being able to be edited, so users themselves can't change the values from their profile

* You can update these fields via the admin tool and user profile if you want to central manage this, or even update them from the user import utilities 

image.png

2. If you wanted to show this info in progressive capture on the customer search form you can add these custom fields to the visible fields as below:

image.png

Which will then look like this:

image.png

To display this on the request in the admin console go to Service Manager > Configuration > Request Configuration  and tick the user custom attribute to display

image.png

So in the customer section on a request it will display as below:

image.png

Hope that helps

Steve

It would be great if we could highlight a VIP in the request list view - customers have to use the portal to submit request so we don't generally select a customer.

Having the option to add colours to the rows might be a way of doing this

Nasim

• Like 1

How about there being a new type added to organisations alongside teams, departments etc. Called VIP.

Multiple organisations can be created under then VIP type and person's name in the request list, requests, assets etc. are highlighted if they are a part of 1 or more VIP groups.

This will also allow branching in the BPM.

This will also allow them to be defined via an LDAP_Import too.

@nasimg @samwoo

We are currently working on a story to allow you to include custom fields from a request into the request list Custom views. 

This enhancement will allow you to copy a customer attribute i.e a VIP status into a request custom field and in turn display that request custom field as a column in the Custom request list views.  

image.png

An additional benefit of this story will enable you to set your display columns per custom view. 

This story is currently in review and will be available in an upcoming Service Manager update subject to clearing review and testing phases. 

Steve

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

@Steven Boardman I have followed your steps above to record when a user is a VIP by the use of the Attribute 1 field  under Basic Details in the Profile. That is all good but I now want to show that in the List View of our Requests. You say above:

"This enhancement will allow you to copy a customer attribute i.e a VIP status into a request custom field and in turn display that request custom field as a column in the Custom request list views. "

But how do I actually 'copy a customer attribute into a request custom field' so that it is available to display in the List View? Also when I have previously used Custom Fields they still appear in the List View Under Columns and +CUSTOM COLUMN as Custom A, B, C etc in the drop down. Can I rename/relabel these so that when they appear in the drop down they show that they have been used in this Service and what for?

@Frank Reay in your business process you will need to use a Requests > Get Request Information > Customer Details node, followed by a Request > Update Request > Custom Fields node

Using the Variable picker, inject the value from the custom custom fields into the request custom field you want to display there status in (VIP Custom field)

image.png

Once you have this, on the request list when you are creating a new view, in the column selector, select the  request custom field which you mapped the customer attribute value to and give it a display name.

image.png

The display value  will only display on the request list view for the chosen column, not the drop down custom field selector.   

Hope that helps