Using asset details in email templates

Alisha

Hello,

Is it possible to map the Asset selected in a progressive capture to an email template please? For customers reporting lost items, we would like them to select the asset, and then from the Business Process, we notify their manager via email. It would be really handy if we could get specific information about that asset in an email.

Many thanks,
Alisha

• Like 1

Hi Alisha

This is not currently possible i am afraid.  I've taken a look and we have a story which could help with this and i have added you as an interested party.  The story relates to flagging an asset as a primary asset on a request, and as such allowing you to look up it's attributes in the business process and then inject the required attributes into the request, and in turn use them in your email templates.   

This is problematic currently where there are multiple assets linked to a request, as we would not know which asset to look up in a business process to inject it's variables. 

This story is not currently scheduled, but as it is, and it progresses we'll post here

Steve

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Alisha @Martyn Houghton @samwoo 

There is now an option in the business process designer which allows you to Get the list of assets linked to a request, and use that output string to populate a custom field and inject that into email templates.

You can choose to return a list of just the asset names, or include the asset type with the returned list

You can do this for all assets of a request or per asset class

These are under Entity > Requests > Assets 

image.png

Hope that helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2