Error - There is a CSRF token mismatch, request cannot be process: mailadmin

Aaron Summers

Hello,

Can someone help me to fix this issue urgently. It having a huge impact with my work and unable to carry out my projects. I am not sure what caused this and I have tried few steps:

Refresh
Hard refresh
Restart computer
Shut down
Clear cookies

None fix the issue. I have screenshot from console of the error if that help to identify the issue(s):

image.thumb.png.d92bdfecaa7bc5a2a5c35314c0c7c683.png

Can someone get back to me ASAP to get this fix please.

Kind regards,
Aaron Summers :) 

@Aaron Summers clearing cookies should fix the issue, but you've already tried that :)

Do you have multiple tabs open, might be worth trying one tab at a time and let us know if it works OK then? I've let the relevant teams know about this issue so if we find anything someone we'll report back.

@Chaz

Apologises for the late reply, I was away for the weekend to France.

I did have multiples tabs opened but never have a problem before this: (P.S I did tried to have one tab at the time, that did not work either).

I came back today and it seems to be fixed now.

Thanks,
Aaron :)

• 1 month later...

Hello @Chaz

I just a thought to let you know that the issue had reappeared and almost at every page - it kept saying "you have been disconnected..."

image.png.25d60e3bdfc80c1fedaedc1552b3d974.png

Often the error would show "invalid session..."

I have already tried all the steps as before as well have it own tab with Hornbill only but nothing works so far.

Thanks,
Aaron :ph34r:

Hi, @Aaron Summers

Sorry for the problems you're having, I've discovered a possible cause for this problem can occur if a window or tab is left open for a long period of time but no longer used.  We are currently working on addressing this, if you are having this problem currently I would recommend closing ALL browser windows and tabs and completely restarting the browser to ensure that this is not caused by a stale window or tab being left open.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Trevor Harris

• Thanks 1

• 5 years later...

@TrevorHarris Hi is there an update on this issue please?

We have several users who are experiencing this issue and getting errors like the above.  Here is an example:

image.png.9beff195b7af8b1e15a4a5f8c554693f.png

It is happening in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

I have asked them to clear the third party cookies from their browsers and awaiting updates as to whether this has helped.

Is this specific to Hornbill or is it a browser issue?

Is there anything else that we can try?

Thanks.

@TrevorHarris thanks.  One of my colleagues is getting this error when trying to update/edit Assets and when they refresh the browser the editing/updates are lost.  I am investigating how they are working, however it is disrupting their work so I would appreciate any other suggestions as it would seem to still be an issue.

• 4 weeks later...