iBridge problem - creating a Project from an SR

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

We're having a problem with an iBridge connector when trying to create a Project from an SR.

The message we get is this:

image.png.02c7225df4b798fff6c0851779cfc120.png

And the node which is causing the problem has these settings:

image.png.9be15dce74103813a5c043dfcb514089.png

We have two tickets where this is giving us the same problem,  (SR00058613 and SR00058614) and I can't see where the problem is. Is there a character limit on any of the fields that are being set on the Project maybe? 

Any help would be gratefully accepted!!

thanks

Paul

Guest Paul Alexander

Think I've got it...the Project Scope filed in the Project table is limited to 255 characters.......I'll double check and test and will come back to this!

Guest Paul Alexander

Quick update...one of the fields had some text which contained bullet points. 

With the bullet points included, the Project didn't get created.

When the bullet points were removed, the Project DID get created. So it's the same problem as before. Now we can work around it it's not so much of a problem, but it'd be nice if it could be looked at please...... @AlexTumber?

• 1 month later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @AlexTumber

Has there been any progress on why SOME of our Projects being created through the iBridge fail if there are more than 254 characters please? I realise that we CAN limit the number of characters, but we can keep that information in the SR ticket so that it doesn't get lost completely. I was under the impression that the iBridge would cut off any characters over the 254 limit, so it's getting a little frustrating when this does happen (especially when it doesn't seem to happen EVERY time!)

thanks

Paul

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @AlexTumber

It's very hit and miss......sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This particular one doesn't seem to have anything 'out of the ordinary' text wise (no bullet points or extra formatting) so we can't see why it's failed...

thanks

Paul

@Paul Alexander - we are looking into this and we will get back to you ASAP.

EDIT: *sigh .... so, at this point, we or I am not sure why it failed... :( ... I have restarted the process on both SR00065213 and SR00067347 and it created the project successfully! ... We will keep looking into this as we need to get to the bottom of it and if you notice another failure please let us know....

Guest Paul Alexander
15 hours ago, Victor said:

I have restarted the process on both SR00065213 and SR00067347 and it created the project successfully!

Hi @Victor

So annoying when that happens isn't it?! I always try restarting the process and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't....maybe I should just keep restarting it until it decides it's had enough and just works? <_<

I'll let you know if it happens again though...thanks

1 hour ago, Paul Alexander said:

I always try restarting the process and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't....

Oh... Hmmm... well... according to the logs and investigation done by Mr. @AlexTumber the project fails t create because the "Create Date" does not have a value. This date, however, is picked up from the user session so it should always have a value... We have raised this behaviour internally for discussion so we will keep you updated on this... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @AlexTumber

Sorry to ruin what was probably a perfectly good Monday morning, but we've got another Project which has failed to create using the iBridge (same error message as before). The call ref is SR00069756.....I can't see any obvious reason for this to have failed so can I ask you to take a look please?

thanks

Paul

Guest Paul Alexander
2 hours ago, Paul Alexander said:

Hi @AlexTumber

Sorry to ruin what was probably a perfectly good Monday morning, but we've got another Project which has failed to create using the iBridge (same error message as before). The call ref is SR00069756.....I can't see any obvious reason for this to have failed so can I ask you to take a look please?

thanks

Paul

I've just hit the 'restart' button again...just in case...and it's now gone through successfully. What could cause these to work sometimes, but other times only after having pressed the 'retry' button a random number of times? 

thanks